Left leaderboard

Hello everyone! I took a hiatus from all the forums to figure out where my next move would be.

Over the past two years I built all the Social media for NS Design, and it was an honor to work with Ned Steinberger. I also worked with the heirs to Phil Kubicki to keep his legacy alive.

I worked with designers John Backlund and Bill Compeau on the J. Backlund Design JBD-800B as well as the Ark Instruments/Kerry Davis Guitars Tom Richards signature Relayer bass.

Today I'm proud to announce that I now am the sales and marketing director for Clover and Esh basses here in the Americas as well as an artist and rep for Moses Graphite/Sound Composites Sonosphere bass and guitar cabs. I am also the rep for Jolana, which is making it's comeback debut.

I would love to hear from any Clover and Esh users here about your experience and love for the instruments, as well as what you think of the Sonosphere cabs.

Happy Easter everyone.

Tom Richards

Edited by TomRichards

Good evening, xxxxx , and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. (... but you knew that anyway, didn't you..? ;) )

I tried a Clover at the London Bass Show a couple of years ago - I was very impressed.

Know what would impress me more? A longer trial.....any chance you could send one for my perusal for a couple of years??:D

I think I know the answer but I thought I'd give it a try...

Welcome-Image.gif

On 01/04/2018 at 15:27, Dad3353 said:

Good evening, xxxxx , and ...

...thank you for your circular. xD

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, discreet said:

...thank you for your circular. xD

Senior moment..? No..? Oh well... :$

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 08:50, TheGreek said:

I tried a Clover at the London Bass Show a couple of years ago - I was very impressed.

Know what would impress me more? A longer trial.....any chance you could send one for my perusal for a couple of years??:D

I think I know the answer but I thought I'd give it a try...

Welcome-Image.gif

Hmmmm....you never know. But if you won't ask....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dgrizzle17
      Brubaker KXB 5 Extreme custom made in USA by Kevin Brubaker. Quite a rare bass, doubt there are many like this in the UK.
      Price drop - £2000
      Swamp Ash body
      Scale: 34"
      Frets: 24
      Hipshot tuners
      Bartolini Pickups
      Weight: 12lb/5kg
      Features his interchangeable preamp system as demonstrated in the following link:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AGNo9x60TY&t=248s
      Bass comes with both Bartolini (18 volts) and a Mike Pope (9 volts) preamp modules. IF you wanted to replace the existing preamp in either module it is very simple to do so. 
      Modules can be changed in seconds with the click of a button on the back. Makes changing batteries quick and easy with no need for a screwdriver 🙂
      In really good condition, a few signs of wear with 1 small ding on the body that I tried to show in the last pic. 
      DM me if interested!
      I am based in Wolverhampton. 
      My feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/201607-feedback-for-dgrizzle17/

• By Hellzero
      Thinning down the herd, so selling the basses I don't use.

FOR SALE OR (PARTIAL) TRADE BASED ON THE NEW RETAIL PRICE (€2000 EUROS) :

Quite rare ESH Impact 6 with new Bassculture pickups, new Haz Labs Smith/Fodera Clone preamp, new Schaller 2000 bridge and new Hipshot Licensed tuners.

The specifications :
      Body : mahogany
      Neck : bolt-on 5 pieces of European hard rock maple with 2 stripes of ebony
      Fretboard : European hard rock maple
      Headstock : ash veneer
      Tuners : Hipshot Licensed
      Frets : 24 Leduc sweet profile
      Trussrod : 1 fully working
      Bridge : Schaller 2000
      Pickups : 2 Bassculture humbuckers wired in parallel with birdseyes maple covers (made to measure for me by Christoph Dolf in July 2018)
      Preamp : Haz Labs Smith/Fodera Clone (18 Volts) with volume, blend, mids (800 Hz for that slap tone you are searching for years), stacked bass and treble
      Strings spacing at bridge : 17 mm
      Strings spacing at maple nut : 8,5 mm
      Action at 12th fret : from 1,5 mm under the C to 2 mm under the B 
      Scale : 34 inches
      Finish : satin including fretboard à la Fender
      Weight : 5 kilos
      Case : Gewa Bass Case ABS Premium (Hiscox like)
      Year : 2005 (The last one made in Trier, ordered by a friend of mine)
      Strings : LaBella Super Steps SS45-CB (29-128)
      Todays price for a "similar" bass as Esh don't make 6 strings basses anymore : €2000 Euros !
      The bass has been fully revised and set up last year by Christophe LEDUC who put some new frets and made his differential frets dressing, so it's ready for the next 20 years.
      Non smoking environment, as usual.

Asking price is £999 GBP due to the rarity and very good condition of this bass.

The upgrades made have turned this original early years Esh bass into a great sounding all maple neck bass (no sound compression, which is quite rare for this type of neck, due to the perfect fretting), very versatile thanks to the pickups and the terrific 3 bands preamp (beware as there is a gain control inside turning anti clockwise and there can be loads of gain).
      I'm the second owner of this bass and have made all the upgrades as it was deserving it.
      Some links :
      http://esh-bass.com/
      http://www.labella.com/products/ss45-b-super-steps-5-string-standard-45-128/
      https://www.bassculture.de/

The pictures to see the real condition (under different lights), which shows only some little wear with a few dings and scratches, a mark at the rear of the neck, some scratches on the back plate, one neck screw not routed deep enough and one trace of paint at the heel of the neck, all in all nothing serious :

• By Jumanji
      Super clean, full working order set of Hipshot Ultralites. 1/2 inch post size
      These were bought from BassDirect a few years back. They’re £25 each to buy new.
      Exact measurements are shown in the images.
      Thanks for looking!
      Call or text or BC message if you’re interested.
      Joe