Why become a member? ×

Ticket Selling Platforms - Any Recommendations?

Mykesbass

We are just about to launch our first self promoted show. Anyone have any experience of using any of the ticketing platforms? Eventbrite seems to be the industry leader, but takes 49p per sale (which isn't bad, but significant on a lower ticket price). So has anyone had any good experience with any alternatives? Thanks.

4 hours ago, bazzbass said:

good luck

as far as I knew, EVERY gig is a self promoted show. Nobody else does it for you unless you pay them

I meant a ticketed gig at a venue rather than a pub gig. Yes, we've always promoted our free pub gigs, but have changed out material and mindset.

1 minute ago, Mykesbass said:

I meant a ticketed gig at a venue rather than a pub gig. Yes, we've always promoted our free pub gigs, but have changed out material and mindset.

Doesn't the venue take care of that side? 

10 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

We have used See Tickets. Fairly painless and not too costly.

Thanks. We're going with Eventbrite this time, but will compare with See Tickets for the next one (there's optimism for you)!

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 08:23, Mykesbass said:

No, we pay them for the sound engineer then everything else is down to us. Quite liberating in a way!

cool.Do you get a cut of drinks sales? sounds like a great way to go, I only wish we had the following to do this, maybe in a year.