Why become a member? ×

Help to motivate to play when depressed

markdavid

Guest oZZma
13 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Have you considered a dog or cat?

I'm more a prairie dog kind of person 😅 But I live alone and spend all my free time in the reharsal space, so it would be mostly alone and suffer. Better not drag any animal in this mess.

Edited by oZZma

Is it possible you are spending too much of your time doing band stuff whether that be writing, recording, playing. Maybe you need a break from it. When i say a break i mean not spending every day on band stuff. Do you have any other hobbies ? 

Sometimes spending too much time on your hobby turns it into a chore more like work and not everyone enjoys their job. 

Dave

• Like 1

Guest oZZma
27 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Is it possible you are spending too much of your time doing band stuff whether that be writing, recording, playing. Maybe you need a break from it. When i say a break i mean not spending every day on band stuff. Do you have any other hobbies ? 

Sometimes spending too much time on your hobby turns it into a chore more like work and not everyone enjoys their job. 

Dave

It's not a chore... Only frustrating when I realize I'm not good at it. I really wanted to make something decent and meaningful, but I'm not being able to. In the end feels like I'm only losing my time.

Maybe I feel this way now because of this forced hiatus I didn't want to take and I'm spending too much time ruminating because of it.

Edited by oZZma

9 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

This thread shows that a lot of people here care about you, oZZ (me included). 👍

This is very true.

There's a lot of people on here who'll listen, offer advice & support.

If you need anything, just ask.

All the best OZZma - things will improve 👍

Guest oZZma
8 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

This thread shows that a lot of people here care about you, oZZ (me included). 👍

How about ye olde: If you could change some things in your life, what would you like to change?

The only thing that would make me happy is unobtainable. But I'll get over this grief, sooner or later, I hope.