Why become a member? ×

Modern Prometheus P-Bass
£200

NancyJohnson

I'm wondering whether there'd be any desire for a nice relic'd P-bass.  I bolted this together from a body and neck that I had knocking around the garage.  I bought a set of Wilkinson machines, a Warman P-bass pickup, Dunlop Straploks and a minty pickguard.  It does sound pretty nice (I'd say that anyway, wouldn't I?), but yes, it does sound nice.  The body is red over black...the black is showing through the dings, the neck is big and fat, straight and the action is nice and low.  I honestly can't understand why people pay a fortune for a Nash or Limelight when it's fairly simple to throw parts together.  Anyhow, I just don't need it, is what it comes down to.

There's no case/gigbag, but if it needs to go in the mail we can haggle over the costs and I can take the neck off for transit I suppose.

Anyhow, we'll start out at £200.00.  Let's try £175.00. £150.00

[Edit] I've had a handful of enquiries about whether I'd just sell the body (evidently my dragging behind the car approach to relicing seems to have positives); I'd honestly prefer to sell the whole thing if I'm honest.  If I'm left with just the neck, well, you know it's a downward spiral (again).  I just need it gone.  It's a really great bass!  Plays like buttah! etc.

20180207_150639.jpg

Edited by NancyJohnson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...