Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** 1972 Fender Precision bass - Olympic White/Tort guard RW
£2095

Snook

SALE ONLY, NO TRADE OFFERS PLEASE.

Bought this a few years ago from here. The aim with this was to build a Nate Mendel style bass and find an early 70's one that I was able to refinish, however it never happened! Because I felt too guilty refinishing the body in it's current state, as this finish has is so well aged and felt I would be destroying it's mojo!!

So having been sat around for some time doing nothing, I figured time to sell to free up some cash for a new amp I just purchased.

Fender Precision from around '72.

To the best of my knowledge I believe it to be the following: Neck '71, pickup and pots '72 and body '71. Tort guard is believed to be a modern Fender replacement.

No case with this one.

Would prefer collection but happy to ship it, if I was shipping it I will be removing the neck and packing it in a smaller box for ease. This means you must be happy to do put it back together the other end.

Based in Yeovil, Somerset.

I'm aware this was up recently, I have now decided to sell it again. Last time I had about 11 offers to buy at asking price. I'm just looking to get a fair current market value for it. I'm aware it's harder to find basses like this nowadays! So sure I'll regret it! It's just not going to get the use it deserves with me!

P1080361_zpslhdfqp2l.jpg

P1080360_zpsyfmcguw4.jpg

P1080404_zpswl2jyhij.jpg

P1080403_zpsktskram1.jpg

P1080399_zpsrjrgqyn7.jpg

P1080391_zps6voxbsal.jpg

P1080394_zpsaaik9rl0.jpg

P1080388_zpsk41qvoom.jpg

P1080383_zpssakoldlr.jpg

P1080376_zpss22mvako.jpg

P1080368_zpsk51mf8hp.jpg

IMG_3713_zpsn39ww04k.jpeg

IMG_3717_zpspaumssbe.jpeg

IMG_3715_zpshbazt5eo.jpeg

IMG_3710_zpskhh86k7w.jpeg

IMG_3716_zpsnqlws1zs.jpeg

P1080410_zpstyyymuxz.jpg

P1080408_zpsfbqchxb2.jpg

IMG_3704_zpswzr6zyhi.jpeg

Edited by Snook

2 hours ago, 0353203 said:

Great looking bass - can you confirm that the finish is original?

Cheers, Si

I can't confirm no. Mixed views from a few. Some believe it's a refin, some don't. It's certainly a nice aged finish.

I sent you pictures before when you inquired. I mentioned then that it came from another Basschatter who believes it may have been refinished, but that it has certainly aged well since. I've shown it to other's who believe it may not have been refinished, opinions vary. But I can't be sure either way as I am far from an expert.

Edited by Snook

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Sorry Snooks, but what am I missing here?

It was listed before at a lower price a little while back. I've been nagged to sell it ever since. And had numerous comments that it was under valued.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...