Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard / Daisy Chain / Misc.

The59Sound

1. I have a Diago power supply but need to power 6 (maybe 7) pedals. What is the best daisy chain cable for this to use with the Diago?

2. I need a pedal board that can fit 6 (maybe 7) pedals - all my pedals are standard size, nothing bigger than Boss size. What is out there that you guys can recommend? 

3. I assume velcro is still the standard for holding pedals down to the board so is there any particular velcro I should go for?

Thanks in advance. 

1. The cheapest you can find, they're all pretty much the same! However I have one daisy chain that has shorter than standard connectors which have trouble fitting in some pedals...

2. You might be able to squeeze those on a Pedaltrain Nano+, otherwise look at the larger Metro ones. Their site has a pedalboard planner app so you can check for yourself!

3. The Pedaltrain boards come with velcro but the stuff the supply currently is not sticky enough and keeps coming off my pedals (never had this issue with the board I bought from them years ago though). Most branded stuff should be better in quality, but many people swear by 3M Dual Lock, similar to velcro but is more of a mushroom shape than a hook and is much stronger!

Edited by dannybuoy

On 25/01/2018 at 10:27, dannybuoy said:

Most branded stuff should be better in quality, but many people swear by 3M Dual Lock, similar to velcro but is more of a mushroom shape than a hook and is much stronger!

The issue that I have with that stuff is that the velcro bond is stronger than the adhesive bond. Whenever I try to remove a pedal it takes the velcro up off the board with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jack said:

The issue that I have with that stuff is that the velcro bond is stronger than the adhesive bond. Whenever I try to remove a pedal it takes the velcro up off the board with it.

Heat the glue up with a lighter/heat tool until it starts to bubble a little & then stick it down.  You'll never get it off.
Don't attempt to do the entire strip in one go.  You'll end up with it round your arm.  Start at one end & work your way along.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, xgsjx said:

Heat the glue up with a lighter/heat tool until it starts to bubble a little & then stick it down.  You'll never get it off.
Don't attempt to do the entire strip in one go.  You'll end up with it round your arm.  Start at one end & work your way along.

great tip!

• 2 months later...