Why become a member? ×

MM Stingray pickup position.

NancyJohnson

8 hours ago, drTStingray said:

Add 17" to the measurements given to get the nut position. 

Just in case anyone wants any further useful info, I did measure to the nearest bus stop, Guildford Civic Centre and various other variables, based on a location 8' 6" and 75 degrees from my television as the crow flies. 

Of course, none of this applies to the new 2018 Stingray which has 22 frets anyway 😏 😊👍

I know people say this in jest often, but I *did* spill my coffee over my T-shirt xD!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

And to think none of the musicman experts here picked you up on the fact the twin pickup Rays have a compensated nut hence all 4/5 strings are different at the nut so you are in fact totally incorrect, any chosen fret would be the ONLY datum point ;)

Come on guys you can do better than this :D

Always the troublemaker! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ignore all previous attempts -  they were wrong - just take your info from these photos - now these are not micrometer or brain surgery accurate but I suspect they are close enough for jazz, as they say, and certainly to locate pick ups in some other make of bass's woodwork - and before anyone asks, no I haven't taken account of the truss rod setting .......😄👍

image.thumb.jpeg.9543d837575398a673f4e3ec1438b6b6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4bb903d58ae12ceaa929050687eed9b4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0978eb4d379e69b5e133fd50c1744fee.jpeg

Edited by drTStingray
Joie de vie
  • Thanks 1