Why become a member? ×

*NOW TRADED* Musicman Stingray 5 string with Glockenklang Preamp- Trade for Precision- Now with soundclip!
£800

Muzomatt

*NOW TRADED*

Looking to trade this bass for a 4 or 5 string Precision or good copy of similiar(ish) value. Based near Bath/ Wiltshire area.

This is a 1999 stingray. Well played but all working perfectly.  About a year ago I had a glockenheim 3 band preamp professionally installed which on this bass sounds immense!!

Its seen a bit of action with dings, chips and cracks here and there on the body. Nearly all of these which are on the body  are on the top, bottom or back of the bass so it still looks in pretty good shape from the front. None of the issues are structural, or deep- more chip and finish cracks.  There is a small ding in the neck which was professional filled, apart from that the neck is all good and plays nicely.

Weight on my bathroom scales is about 5kg....(not sure of their accuracy but it ain't a light bass- well balanced though and perfectly manageable with a decent strap)

The reason I'm selling it is simply that I've settled on another bass for all my live work and I really want to get a precision for recording.  Don;t really want to see it go but can't afford both right now. Its a great bass, a lot of bass for the money- as long as you are not to worried about it being road worn!

There is a soundclip under the photos - stingray wav . It was recorded direct into the computer with the eq set flat. Fingerstyle with the phase selector to the right, slap with the selector to the left..... please excuse the cod funk playing......

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG