Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Status Kingbass Artist 2003 - £1550
£1800

Snook

After saying I'd never sell it, for some reason last weekend I just woke up thinking I'd sell this! Have been after a Aguilar DB751 so selling to pay towards one I'm hopefully just about to purchase. Is a beautiful bass and one I'm quite attached to, no doubt I'm going to regret this! :facepalm:

Status Kingbass Artist from 2003.

Wonderful looking bass. 32" Scale, 19mm string spacing, Bendwell. Also being one of the earlier ones, it still has the smaller Status/Hiscox case (similar size to a guitar case!).

Blue/Greenish (hard to picture) flame top.

Bass has been used, I gigged it from about 2012 when I got it, all the way until at least 2015. It has a few marks to show, had some before I had it and some more gained over the last few years I suspect. However is still a very tidy and good condition bass. Fortunately the majority or marks/dings are on the back of the bass. See pictures...

The only other thing to note, this has happened to three of my Kingbasses now, the lacquer on the side of fretboard came away, I've had this filled in by a local luthier with some lacquer so it is smooth/cannot be felt. However it can be seen, this is on the bottom side of the neck so not seen when playing.

Looking for £1550. Happy to ship if needs be, but would of course rather collection. Based in Yeovil, Somerset.

P1080319_zps5frgz0n1.jpgP1080271_zpsimzfsjeo.jpg

P1080278_zps34w2kpiv.jpg

P1080297_zps5cvcef7v.jpg

P1080287_zpscy40gjix.jpg

P1080287_zpscy40gjix.jpg

P1080327_zps0xvgyt2x.jpg

P1080323_zpso443tdjj.jpg

P1080307_zps4yxw4chp.jpg

P1080345_zps04emz2hu.jpg

P1080309_zpsk72kvnec.jpg

P1080312_zpsj0cywlmt.jpg

Edited by Snook

29 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Used to be mine - would love to have it back but I'd need to move some gear to raise the funds....

Please note that it's much greener in life.

Ah. I had it in my head it was aqua blue.

I asked Mrs T and she said “you had one and sold it - how good can they be?” And I tried to point out I sold it when ‘we’ needed the money.

To be honest...i’d Love it, but it won’t feed the kids 😂😂😂

On 1/14/2018 at 10:33, AndyTravis said:

Aaaaaaand that’s why I wish I had more money. This is my dream king bass...

I’d love this, but with imminent 4th child, my wife would leave if I dipped into the fund.

alas, not meant to be this time.

The only way around this dilemma is to rename your 4 children  E ,A ,D and G .  Then all will be justified !!

Hey , I'm just trying to help you out..

On 21/01/2018 at 18:59, BCH said:

Stunning...I very high quality bass. What is the weight & neck width @ the nut & 12th fret...thank you...BCH

Think its about 44mm at the nut, approx 56/57mm at the 12th fret.

Weight is about 3/3.5kg (according to bathroom scales!), is certainly a light bass, particular in comparison to my other Kingbasses!

On 14 January 2018 at 19:12, AndyTravis said:

Ah. I had it in my head it was aqua blue.

I asked Mrs T and she said “you had one and sold it - how good can they be?” And I tried to point out I sold it when ‘we’ needed the money.

To be honest...i’d Love it, but it won’t feed the kids 😂😂😂

4 KIDS BLOODY HELL MATE HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO PLAY BASS AT ALL?

I HAVE ONE AND I FIND IT HARD SOMETIME

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...