Why become a member? ×

I bought a new bass it got delivered today!

NJE

[quote name='Delberthot' post='329531' date='Nov 15 2008, 02:39 AM']These are lovely basses - I was looking at a white one. I like white with chrome hardware and ebonol fretboard.

I modified my Geddy Jazz with black scratchplate and black control plate. I think any more black would've been too much

[/quote]

thats the first bass ive seen with white pickups that i like the look of. normally they look cheap to me, but i do like this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Firstly thanks for all the kind words.

Well christmas day has come and gone and I have my bass......woohooo!

The bass is fantastic I am really really pleased with it. There are a few minor issues that I brought up before like the neck dive and the poor hardware. The bridge is pretty rubbish and the strings go through at a strange angle and I struggled to get the B string through and its only a 125.

So I have decided that for now at least I am staying chrome and changing the bridge to a badass V. I looked at a few stealth basses and I was not convinced enough to spend a load of cash on revamping everything and later decide It was not for me.

Apat from the bridge it plays like a dream and it needed very little setting up, just a new set of strings. The preamp is good for me but I think the bass could benefit from some better pickups so I am going to invest some money in pickups rather than aesthetics. I cannot reccomend these basses enough, everyone who has seen and played it cannot stop raving about the quality and my guitarist friend is getting one in the new year he liked it so much. The neck joint is great and the neck itself is really a joy to play and the fretwork is superb. As I said a great bass only hindered by the bridge really.

As I said I am picky and want to fiddle/mod so I am looking at a set of dimarzios at the moment as they are apparently a direct drop in (both pickups are the same length) I did look at soapbars but I fancy keeping it single coil. I think Bartolini and Nordstrand make same length pickup sets but not sure what they are like and I have heard good things about the dimarzio's, any comments or suggestions welcomed!

Anyway will be adding the badass soon hopefully and also contemplating a pickup cover at the bridge. Will update and let you know how I get on if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Nathan