Why become a member? ×

Hey from Amsterdam

AmsterdamAsh

Hi, I’ve been here before but not for a couple of years. I got sick of another bass forum and all its posturing and pretention, so thought I’d see if this one is a nice place ;)

I’m British, but these days live in Amsterdam. Been here three years, been in 5 bands and finally in one that has potential to be all fun and no ego!

I own Fender Standard Precision, Ibanez Jet King and Jackson Minion basses, though the Ibanez will be retired as soon as I can purchase a new backup to the P. I play flatwounds, with 45-100 Chromes on the Ibanez and 50-110 Rotos on the Fender. Tuned to drop-C. The tiny Jackson is brand new so on stock rounds and tuned to E. 

I play through a Markbass Nano, purchased solely for its weight and portability (I used to cycled 5km across the city for rehearsals) but it’s a really nice amp. It powers two Hartke cabs - a 210XL and a 115XL  I have a homemade tube screamer clone (with bass boost) running at all times as a clean boost, a Rat clone and a Big Muff Pi, one of which is usually running. Also an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe for fun bass solos.

Our band is currently meeting twice a week perfecting 6 songs with the intention to record our first EP sometime, whenever we’re ready. Originally based on stoner rock we’ve expanded, brought some of my punk and thrash sensibilities to the table, and created something very tasty.