Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB 5 bass

Delberthot

Prospecting at its finest! But hey, why not? Why not buy something cheap with a view to sell it on for a profit? Literally EVERYTHING you buy from ANY shop is subject to multiple companies profiteering so why shoot the little man when he does it? Never understood the general hatred for those who buy cheap to sell high, it's just business! 

Edited by binky_bass

On 12/22/2017 at 16:38, binky_bass said:

You're certainly not conveying hatred at all, but there has been a good few topics on this site where selling anything for one penny more than you bought it for is considered worse than murder!

I think that its more of an honesty thing than anything else. This is a community, and as such, people expect their fellow basschatters to be upfront and honest with them about value and prices, and more about enjoying the instrument than making money.

After that, Gibson don't seem to be doing well these days, so their prices are dropping considerably. I mean, this is about the price of a brand new reissue epiphone bass. I can only imagine that freephone will become the parent brand within the next ten years, as it was once on par with Gibson.