Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Transit B

Sonic_Groove

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

@dood has had hands on one I believe...

Yup, that has indeed happened. :) Thank you for the tag chap!

@Sonic_Grooveyou'll have to wait for my full review I'm afraid, but I can hint that I think it is very well made and the features on board through our studio set up demonstrated that they are worthy of my thumbs up. Works great in to an amp, power amp or PA!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, bought the Trace Transit B last year. There was a problem with the DI output but hopefully will get sorted under warranty; but here is my review: 

I mainly use it for at home and tried it with Fender Jazz and Ibanez SR300. 

Pros -
The unit is sturdy and robust. Comes with a nice bag, power supply and manual (and sticker if you're a teenager).
Has no noise, which is a must for anything quality, nobody wants to spend extra money on a noise gate. 
The Aux In in conjunction with headphones out (for playing along with MP3s ) so no need for an amp, OK for quiet practice and space saving. Not perfect but useful feature.
It has a dry out which I know a lot of peeps will like. 

Tuner - works for me.
Compressor - Decent, doesn't compress a huge amounts from what I can tell. 
EQ - Good with lots of Mid options to play with, also has a pre / post compression button.
Drive - Has a blend to mix in your overdriven sound, good enough for non hard-core sounds and can easily dial it in to not chew up precious bottom end - Thanks!
Personally I do like the Pre-Shape and is a nice classic Trace Elliot sound, preset type option to have.  
The Bass Enhance button adds a LOT of BOOM Bass, never used this option live. I reckon most players won't use this very much.

Cons:
The top lights for all the settings are overkill (made my Christmas tree look dull). When using on a dark stage you can't see what each knob setting is.

My last point is not necessarily a negative but good to be aware. There is no phantom power, this might be a must for some. Not sure if possible to make these with phantom power?! Playing live you will need a power socket close by.

There are YouTube videos so you can get a feel of the product.