Why become a member? ×

Akai Deep Impact SB-1

Muppet

Fairly obvious what this is but I've added pictures anyway. It's used and has a few scrapes but all the sounds work fine! Power supply is euro 2 pin but any 9v will work. Original box, manual and stickers.

Now, the sale of these things for some reason is often contentious on here so I would ask anyone who is interested to send me a PM. I have a price in mind and will sell to the first person offering it but I don't want to start up a whole thread of "that's too expensive, you're off your rocker" sort of thing. Mods, if you feel that is unfair then just let me know and I'll reconsider.

No trades please, nor offers to buy "three weeks next thursday when I've been paid and managed to sell my plywood bass" etc.. No chickens or root vegetables accepted (those of you in the Fens, you know who you are). Wives or girlfriends considered but must be accompanied by pics.

cheers

Steve

Edited by Muppet

[quote name='Rasta' post='327924' date='Nov 12 2008, 08:32 PM']What do these pedals do anyway?[/quote]

Its a synth pedal so makes lots of nice noises.

These reviews from Harmony Central explain it better than I could.....

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Akai/SB1+Deep+Impact+Bass+Synth+Processor/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...+Processor/10/1[/url]

I don't think they are made anymore and so are quite collectable but I may be wrong.

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='327925' date='Nov 12 2008, 08:36 PM']Its a synth pedal so makes lots of nice noises.

I don't think they are made anymore and so are quite collectable but I may be wrong.

Steve[/quote]

I think you're right Steve, given their apparent rarity. It would seem that they are not quite as sought after as some would believe, however :)

[quote name='Muppet' post='327964' date='Nov 12 2008, 09:40 PM']I think you're right Steve, given their apparent rarity. It would seem that they are not quite as sought after as some would believe, however :huh:[/quote]

My offer still stands. :)

Although I had another fanny around with my G5 yesterday and I'm so torn, I still can't decide whether it's staying or not. The tracking is amazing, but it's so frustrating trying to get the envelope follower to stop pissing about with the tones I'm trying to generate - even with a static exp. pedal plugged in I can still hear a super-quick sweep at the start of every note.

If they'd implemented the filter properly on this thing it would be a true classic.