Why become a member? ×

Profile stuff all gone

thepurpleblob

1 minute ago, thepurpleblob said:

Another thing, while I'm being bothersome. 

I see that I now get a notification every time somebody quotes me. I can see that getting annoying very quickly. I can't see an option to disable that. Can it be done?

Ah nice doggie ?

Yep, click the little alarm bell top right, then notification settings, switch off the relevant bit. 

Jake the greyhound :D

I found the menu but not an option to specifically disable that feature. 

I've had about 5 in the last ten minutes so the result is that I will just start ignoring the notifications. That is, I will miss 'real' ones. 

Sorry - IT support is my day job. It's a change being the idiot on the other end :crazy:

2 minutes ago, thepurpleblob said:

Oh hang on... I'm getting notifications and messages muddled. I'm getting me coat....

Let me know what you want and I can set it up for you. Personally I only have email for a new PM and a pop up notification on site for anything else (I think that’s the default)

Jake looks lovely

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, discreet said:

Just got this when replying, in case it's of any use to a nerd. :)

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in /home/basschat/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 137

Yeah it happens randomly but increasingly rarely. We’re fixing it tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, discreet said:

Just got this when replying, in case it's of any use to a nerd. :)

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in /home/basschat/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 137

I think it means that you're going to fall down the stairs.

Edited by Cato
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2017 at 21:42, thepurpleblob said:

All my profile information, signature, image thingy - the lot - have vanished with the upgrade. Am I missing something, is it just me etc.?

Even if you recreate your signature, I think the default is not to display them. You’ll need to turn them back on.

On 12/11/2017 at 22:07, ped said:

Personally I only have email for a new PM and a pop up notification on site for anything else (I think that’s the default)

That is odd. You’d think the default would be a single notification for a reply to a thread, like wot other places do.

Otherwise you’re relying on people manually checking back, rather than being prompted.

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

That is odd. You’d think the default would be a single notification for a reply to a thread, like wot other places do.

Otherwise you’re relying on people manually checking back, rather than being prompted.

Yeah. To be fair they only recently added that option at all - remember the old site used to email you everything everyone said!