Why become a member? ×

Yes It's another Shuker........

MrT-Bass

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again guys...

Dood, I was wondering, is your new single cut a set neck?
I got to say, I'm so thrilled with this one, I'm seriously considering getting Jon to build me another (once the bank balance recovers!)...I'm getting the spec together now and single cut is on the agenda with a set neck...any thoughts?

T

Just had to look at these photos again and it's still a stunning build! Dood's Doodle is a set neck, but it's a very deep pocket that goes at least as far as the bridge pickup so it's not far off being a thru-neck! My Singlecut build is a set neck but the pocket isn't nearly as deep as the one on Dood's bass - that wasn't a design decision on my part, just appears to be the way that Jon is building it.

Edited by peted

[quote name='MrT-Bass' post='738511' date='Feb 7 2010, 09:41 PM']Thanks again guys...

Dood, I was wondering, is your new single cut a set neck?
I got to say, I'm so thrilled with this one, I'm seriously considering getting Jon to build me another (once the bank balance recovers!)...I'm getting the spec together now and single cut is on the agenda with a set neck...any thoughts?

T[/quote]

Rob Evans had a Single Cut Set Neck 5er made by Jon last year >>
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56837"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56837[/url]
Might be of some interest to you.
If you have any questions I'm sure Rob would be happy to help, he's really sound lad :)

Eude

Thanks for the info and thanks Eude for the link to Rob's bass. His looks really great, I may contact him to see if he's got any suggestions! A deep pocket sounds like a possibility

I was also looking at the possibility of a 3 piece body with an Alder "tone block" and a Swamp Ash wings or all Swamp Ash, both with a thick dark, sumptuous piece of buckeye for the top. Nothing set in stone and I need to speak to Jon first. If I go ahead, it'll be (hopefully) the last bass I need or want :)

Peted, It's still raising a smile :rolleyes: I really can't wait to see yours...Not long I guess!

Ok Mike...Heres a little taster I just knocked together. It's a sloppy in places and the melody is a little derivative but I hope you like the sound anyway.
It's a garageband classic :) The drums are a sample, the 'bass line' is palm muted and the melody line is just finger style.

[attachment=42343:Groove_in_D.mp3]

Enjoy.

T

[quote name='MrT-Bass' post='741441' date='Feb 10 2010, 08:49 PM']Ok Mike...Heres a little taster I just knocked together. It's a sloppy in places and the melody is a little derivative but I hope you like the sound anyway.
It's a garageband classic :) The drums are a sample, the 'bass line' is palm muted and the melody line is just finger style.

[attachment=42343:Groove_in_D.mp3]

Enjoy.

T[/quote]

Great stuff - kind of reminds me of several different bass tones - overall very nice and very rounded - good for pretty much anything!

Thanks for that

Mike

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Mike, the bass was just plugged straight into my focusrite box and not EQed so it's pretty representative of the bass sound. I'm getting to know it a bit better now so it's making the kind of noise I intend...which is always nice :) When you get a minute, put some sound up of your new midi setup. I'd love to hear it.

Cheers,

T