Why become a member? ×

Female singers / musicians / dancers and the attitudes of some male punters

darkandrew

[quote name='The59Sound' timestamp='1506152800' post='3376716']
People are often surprised when these SJW's go out and try to correct people's behaviour and then get decked...
[/quote]

It's a tough one, I admit. You can't just go around getting in situations that may lead to violence carelessly. Although it's surprising just how often those idiots are cowards when they get confronted firmly (and I'm not a big guy either). A couple of months ago I took my bass off and jumped out of the stage to confront someone who had been an idiot towards my girlfriend and her friend... Nobody died, and I'd like to think I sent a strong enough message that he'd rethink his behaviour next time... or that someone else will do the same I did. I have a fundamental problem with how we often let one or two idiots spoil things for a larger group, and nobody does anything about it when it would be so simple to stand together against the idiots.

As for the "SJW" label... it made me smile. Really? Social Justice Warrior? Give me a break :lol:

[quote name='The59Sound' timestamp='1506152800' post='3376716']
People are often surprised when these SJW's go out and try to correct people's behaviour and then get decked...
[/quote]

I think you'd be surprised how many people manage to calmly ask people to stop what they're doing and get a positive result.

If you're frequently being 'decked' you should probably look at the way you're approaching these people.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1505642593' post='3373268']
Perhaps, one day, the person doing the leering and shouting will find themselves the only one behaving like that in the entire audience, and will feel embarrased enough not to do it again. We can only hope.
[/quote]
Perhaps, one day, the person doing the leering and shouting will see his own daughter/wife/girlfriend getting the same treatment, and will realise just what a loathsome tosser it made him appear.

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1505917664' post='3375211']
No - they are not inevitable. Saying they are only perpetuates the myth that they can't be stopped.
[/quote]

I don`t agree with these comments at all, but meatheads will be meatheads, just because we don`t like something in life doesn`t mean we can`t accept it. Yes, changing these views would be great, but there will always be people who act like this - certainly in our lifetimes I would think.

I would bet that even in countries where free speech isn`t permitted people think like this, however they`re probably too frightened to voice it in case they get shot. No matter what happens it is very unlikely that these thoughts will ever be eradicated.