Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*SOLD* USA Peavey TNT160 Bass Combo
£95

discreet

[b]USA Peavey TNT160 Bass Combo *Price Drop: £75*[/b]

All you really need to know is in this email I got from Peavey after I sent them the serial number:

[b][color=#800080][size=3]Hello Mark[/size][/color][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#800080]Thank you for your support of Peavey products and for contacting us here at the factory. The TNT160[/color][color=#800080] amplifier came equipped with the Peavey Scorpion speaker at that time, but there was an option for a Peavey Black Widow speaker. These models weighed 77 and 82lbs[/color][color=#800080]. respectively. The Scorpion model speaker could handle 200 watts RMS[/color][color=#800080] and the Black Widow model could handle 350 watts RMS. The RMS[/color][color=#800080] wattage of the amp was 150 watts RMS. The year of manufacture for your amplifier is 1990. Here is a link to the original operating guide from our website;[/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][url="http://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/80301192.pdf"]http://assets.peavey...ls/80301192.pdf[/url][/size][/b]

[b][color=#800080][size=3]If you should have further questions, please feel free to contact us here at the factory and we will be glad to assist.[/size][/color][/b]

[b][color=#800080][size=3]Sincerely[/size][/color][/b]

[b][color=#800080][size=3]Mike Brown[/size][/color]
[color=#800080][size=3]Peavey Customer Service[/size][/color][/b]

[size=4]With some difficulty I weighed it on bathroom scales and it's the 77lb (35kg) version. 82lbs is 37kg. So it's the 150W RMS amp into the 200W RMS Scorpion speaker.[/size]

[size=4]These were real workhorses back in the day and this is still a good, solid gigging amp - despite the weight. It seems a lot louder than its rated 150W would have you believe and it really chucks it out to the back of the room at a gig - I know, because I've gigged it. This example has stood the test of time. Everything works - chorus, compressor, graphic eq, etc. It's in pretty good nick for a 27-year-old combo.[/size]

[size=4]As you can see from the pics I have fitted large castors and side handles which go a long way to offsetting its bulk. You can wheel it around effortlessly and it's possible for one person to lift it from the ground into a car boot unaided in one hit - I know, because I've done it.[/size]

[size=4]This is a genuine 'Handcrafted in the USA' example and has plenty of... (whisper it)... Heft. :) So if you want to live the legacy dream and own a true piece of USA bass playing history, get in! Surplus to requirements - I gigged it once then spent three months in traction due to an entirely unrelated incident. :D[/size]

[size=4]Price is [b]£75[/b] cash on collection from SE London close to the A205 South Circular. Not a lot for an iconic pro combo you can still actually gig with. I'm not posting it for obvious reasons. Feedback is in my sig.[/size]

I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet

I have a 90s USA made TKO 75, which lives in the van as a spare, but I'm using it twice a weekend now.
It's ace! It will take everything thrown at it and is WAY louder than it has any right to be.

This must be a beast! Absolute bargain for a very good workhorse gigging machine.