Why become a member? ×

Musicman Cutlass I

Kiwi

The first is a Cutlass I with a FACTORY FITTED three bolt neck and through body bridge. The neck date is 1984 and the body stamp is 1979. This bass was sold through a store in Florida as part of a Cliff Williams clearance (I have a PDF of the original listing on the shops website claiming its provenance).

I've tried contacting AC/DC directly to confirm the provenance but had no reply. Cliff's home address is still on the case so if the eventual buyer happens to be in Florida at any point maybe they could pop round for a beer and watch a game. :huh:

I'm reliably informed that there are maybe only 5 Cutlass I basses known with these preEB features. There were only an estimated 600 Cutlass I basses made before production ceased. This instrument is in reasonable condition although Cliff has put a few knocks, chips and scratches into the bass thanks to his chunky belt buckle! But hey, thats all part of the mojo, right? :huh: If it ships internationally then normally I ship via FedEx for international freight, its a little pricier than some but they've been 100% reliable for me in the past and have been so quick that not even UK customs have noticed wink.gif. I think the record for an express delivery to me from the US was 36 hours. If you want to use a different courier, you're free to do that but at your own risk. :)

Any interested parties are invited to make me an offer on the instrument by the end of this week. However Alex has told me what he thinks he could get for them on consignment so if any offers fail to beat that, I'll probably take my chances with the consignment route.

[quote name='cd_david' post='322108' date='Nov 4 2008, 07:49 PM'][size=6]BUGGER![/size]

Just bought a 20th Anniversary :) You want to swap????[/quote]
Coincidentally, I was looking for a 20th Ann. and I took a look at the NAMM Stingray too before I bought the Cutlass. I'm probably sorted for stingray sounds for the forseeable with the mongrel preEB which I'm keeping. Thanks for the offer though mate. :huh:

• 4 months later...