Why become a member? ×

Sold - Greenboy Crazy 8 With Tweeter
£375

Mr Bassman

[color=#1D2129]As new & unused - Greenboy Crazy 8 Cab with tweeter, in a custom blue crackle finish.[/color]

[color=#1D2129]I traded a TechAmp Puma for this on a whim at last year's double bass bash with Guy Trigg.[/color]

[color=#1D2129]I already owned 2 Crazy 8 cabs without tweeters and realised when I got it home that I wouldn't need the tweeter so decided to keep this in pristine condition until selling / trading it.[/color]

[color=#1D2129]This is a full range cab that would suit any instrument or voice.[/color]

[color=#1D2129]This one has a standard pole mount.[/color]

Upright bass players love them!

[url="https://photos.app.goo.gl/e07F1wT5nLzvukZJ3"][color=#1D2129]Link to pics[/color][/url]

Edited by Mr Bassman

[url="http://www.faitalpro.com/en/products/LF_Loudspeakers/product_details/index.php?id=101030200"]Here's a link[/url] to the amazing 8" driver which is 8ohms.

Not sure about the tweeter, think it's an Eminence.

A / B'd this cab with barefaced 10", this sounded much nicer.

There's lots over on Talkbass about these cabs

[quote name='BassBod' timestamp='1501087478' post='3342414']
I had a composite version - seemed a bit fragile, but was fantastically light. Always sounded great, with real depth.
[/quote]
I think it might be the one I've got now. It's got a repair to one edge.
It sounds superb with an Acoustic Image amp, folks are amazed at the sound and volume coming from such a tiny package.
I've also got a ply version which sounds a little brighter.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1501090763' post='3342457']

I think it might be the one I've got now. It's got a repair to one edge.
It sounds superb with an Acoustic Image amp, folks are amazed at the sound and volume coming from such a tiny package.
I've also got a ply version which sounds a little brighter.
[/quote]

Yes, that sounds like the same cab - quick repair with epoxy resin glue, but didn't try to disguise it as it would have taken longer to build up a layer and blend it in. Would buy the blue one if I had the cash, but too lazy to sell other things on 😳

• 1 month later...

I've been using a crazy 8 for a year or so, it covers bigger gigs than i thought it would, people cant believe how much sound comes out of that thing, it's a great little cab. I drive it with a MESA D800, switched to 2 ohms to reduce power output, but the amp is still way more powerful than the cab should handle, but I regularly use it in restaurants and small pubs, I'm not saying its for heavy rock, but I have used it with a 17 piece big band, no DI and it did it....wouldn't like to push it any further, takes low B no problem. GLWS, great little cab