Why become a member? ×

Lakland Daryl Jones 5

EBS_freak

[size=3][b]Lakland Daryl Jones Skyline Series 5 string[/b][/size]

[b]Neck[/b] :[indent]35" scale, maple neck with block inlays, white pearl matching headstock, hipshot licensed tuners[/indent][b]Body[/b] :
[indent]white pearl finish, customised DJ control plate to cater for new electronics, standard Lakland hardware[/indent][b]Electronics[/b] :[indent]Bill Lawrence Pickups (not stock) and EBS Electronics (not stock)[/indent]

Some guys really like this sort of stuff so I thought I would share. It's nothing out of the ordinary - it's just a really nice jazz that nails the Marcus thing spot on.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='Machines' post='320169' date='Nov 2 2008, 02:41 PM']Nice - a white pearloid pickguard and it's perfect.[/quote]

Did consider... but never got round to it!

Would like to change this eventually for a 55-02dlx natural trans I think... but it will do for now!

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='321378' date='Nov 3 2008, 10:01 PM']Very nice!

You don't often see Bill Lawrence p/ups on a Lakland; what are they like? My Roscoe Beck 5 has Bill Lawrence designed p/ups and they sound great IMO..[/quote]

They are OK actually. I wouldn't say that they are the best by any means though. They kick the Nordstrands that were in it previously though... I found the Nordstrand stuff to be particularly dull sounding. These Bill Lawrence ones are very lively and go both deep and high. I originally wanted to put some barts in there but at the time, bartolini didn't make them in the required dimensions... they do now though - typical!

• 4 months later...

[quote name='the_house123' post='324798' date='Nov 8 2008, 02:15 PM']Thats a fantastic bass you've got there! i love white basses and this is one of the nicest IMO. I got a lakland jo5 with Lindsey fralins in it but im thinking about swapping them out for some Bartolinis.[/quote]

Did you ever get the Barts put in? I've noticed that they do them in the right size now!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='446505' date='Mar 26 2009, 09:13 PM']Ha ha brilliant - I was going to ask you the exact same thing! One day... Although cheap Barts off eBay is a thing of the past now![/quote]

HAHA it sure is my friend...it sure is! Well once I actually get a job over the summer break from my uni course I might invest in some Barts..if I do ill let you know! :)