Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision CIJ '57 RI 2004-5 in lush Candy Apple Red
£550

JapanAxe

GAS is a cruel mistress, and though I love having a choice of 3 Precisions at any one time, one of them now has to go in order to fund the next big thing...

This is a lovely example of the highly-regarded 'Crafted in Japan' instruments, which those in the know imported into the UK a few years back. It is a reissue of a '57 Precision, with a maple fretboard, and finished in candy apple red, topped off with an anodised metal scratch-plate. The neck is lacquered but not draggy at all (unlike my USA '63 RI!)

It is all original except for an upgrade to a KiOgon wiring loom. The original loom is included in the sale. It comes complete with the pickup and bridge covers.

The R serial number prefix dates the bass to 2004-2005. Considering its age, and the fact that I have played it a fair bit, it is in very good nick. In addition to small wear marks here and there, I would like to draw your attention to the following minor wear/damage:
- Scratchplate - mark near truss rod adjuster, small mark on treble side;
- Body - paint ding in the treble-side cutaway level with 19th fret, long but shallow scratch on back;
- Headstock - approx 1cm abrasion to edge opposite G-string tuner.

Currently strung with some barely-used Fender round-wounds, gauge 0.045-0.105in.

The bass comes with a knackered old case, provided purely to afford the best protection when transporting it, and in no way suitable for actually carrying around a bass guitar!

I am looking for [b]£550[/b]. Price does not include delivery. I will weigh the bass at work tomorrow so that I can give an accurate quote for a courier. I am more than happy for you to come and try the bass at my home in Swindon, or pick it up in Oxford where I work. I do gig around the South of England, and a meet-up by prior negotiation is always a possibility.

And here it is:

Edited by JapanAxe

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

UK insured delivery would be £35, or for the same money I am happy to deliver in person within about an hour's drive of Swindon.

I'm not really looking for trades thanks.