Why become a member? ×

A pair of Status Energy basses. 5 and 6 string. Both on hold
£900

leschirons

Ideally, I'm looking for a trade. These two, for a Stingray 5 ( I appreciate I may have to add a little in the way of cash)

Both basses play and sound in typical Status fashion. Ultra low action if required, no need to re-tune every 10 mins, great for slap if that's your thing and everything works as should except.....on the 5 string, it would appear that the pan pot has been rewired incorrectly so turn it back, and you're on the neck pick up and vice-versa. Couple of very slight marks on the back of the 5 string neck but don't show up on camera and no effect on play-ability.

There is one Status gig bag for whichever bass and a generic hard case for the other. Both restrung in the last 4 weeks.

Reason for trading, I need tighter string spacing around 17mm. By all means offer anything that you thinks fits the bill but, I don't like Ibanez basses, want a 34" or 33" scale and I can't stand sunburst. Even a USA SUB 5 would suit but obviously not for both of mine. Don't mind P/X ing one and adding a little suppliment though.

I'm in France but no problem driving over / sending etc.

Thanks
[size=6]Now for sale. [s]5 string 450.00 [/s] (5 string on hold) [s]6 string 450.00[/s] Now on hold for time being (and if anyone's still got a U.S. SUB 5 for sale, let me know)[/size]

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1497437519' post='3318089']
Maybe hit up this man right here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/307248-fs-eb-music-man-stingray-5/"]http://basschat.co.u...man-stingray-5/[/url]
[/quote]

Saw Mikkel's ad. He's after a 4 string trade. Nice Ray though, apart from natural, best colour for me.

Thanks though.

I have the 5-string sister to your 6-string
Easily the easiest and most consistent bass I have ever played
Have you posted on statii.com?
Status make lots of basses with 17/16.5mm string spacing, so your luck might be in
GLWTS
H

[quote name='dr.harry' timestamp='1497462798' post='3318434']
I have the 5-string sister to your 6-string
Easily the easiest and most consistent bass I have ever played
Have you posted on statii.com?
Status make lots of basses with 17/16.5mm string spacing, so your luck might be in
GLWTS
H
[/quote]

Sort of hooked on the feel of a Ray at the moment. But thanks. I am a Statii member so may put them on if I can't find a suitable trade.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='pmjos' timestamp='1497692565' post='3320048']
Have a bump for my old sixer which I owned from new and sold to Leschirons of this parish some time ago.
[/quote]

And very faithful it has been too. Just struggling with the spacing due to arthritis these days.

[quote name='stef030' timestamp='1497901570' post='3321237']
Very interested in the five stringer
Are you coming tube the UK
I live 45 minutes away from the shuttle
[/quote]

At the moment, still hoping for a trade for something with spacing around the 16.5 - 17mm. Ideally a Ray 5 or US Sub 5 or whatever is out there. Will probably be over in a couple of weeks time so will bear any interest in mind.

Thanks for the interest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm the guy with first refusal on the 6 and I can't make up my mind until I get to play the thing and that won't be until early September. If I don't like it or get distracted by some new bauble twixt now and then I'll drop you a line.

Edited by lownote12