Why become a member? ×

Fender Flame 'Elite' 1984 'Master Series'. REDUCED PRICE
£950

Price now reduced from £950 to £850 including shipping

I am putting up for sale my 1984 Fender Flame 'Elite'. These were Japanese made guitars made in the period when the US factory was still not up to speed in the early to mid 80s. The guitar was Fenders attempt at competing with Gibson and so the guitars had a set neck which is rather nice. The hardware including the pickups was all Schaller. The guitar also used Fenders TBX tone circuit.

As you would expect from Japan this is a very well put together guitar. It also sounds and plays very well. The pickups and tone circuit provide plenty of power and a nice variety of tones.
The guitar has been well gigged although most of the 'roadworn' appearance is limited to the back and sides of the guitar. There is a fair amount of buckle rash, dings, and scratches. This is as you would expect from a 33 year old players guitar. There is also a small ding on the back of the top of the guitar. I have tried my best to photograph the dings etc to give as faithful a representation I can of the condition of the guitar. The guitar comes in a fitted Gator hardcase.

This is a pretty rare guitar from the Fender stable and can only increase in value. The price of £850 includes delivery to the UK.

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1494949003' post='3299886']
Very Robben Ford. Check YouTube "Playing the blues" & "Blues and beyond" to see him playing one of these. I seem to remember Fender even making a signature model for a short while.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info re the YouTube link Graham. I think Robben Ford played the larger bodied 'Espirit' guitar from the Master Series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...