Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Squier JV 62' reissue Jazz bass Made Jan 1983 REDUCED
£725

geoff90guitar

Reduced to £625

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]In excellent condition and in perfect working order. Part of the famed "JV" (Japanese Vintage) series of instruments produced from 1982-83 by the then newly formed Fender Japan, this Jazz Bass boasts the same USA-made pickups that were also used in the Fullerton factory Fender reissues. A bass that will satisfy collectors and serious players alike.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Weighing in at 4kg (8.8lbs) - lightish for a jazz. Theres a strong fundamental attack and acoustic resonance to this bass, and it's an instrument capable of great versatility. Roundwound 45-105 strings fitted.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Slender 1 1/2" nut width. The thick slab rosewood fretboard boasts original slender vintage-style frets which are still in decent shape but showing light wear obviously. The bass plays cleanly and has responsive truss rod. On the headstock, the original reverse geared chrome tuning machines with clover buttons are intact, with the exception of a Fender Drop D' de-tuner replacement for the 'E' string - brilliant. I'm sorry I don't know where the original one is. It has a Pre-CBS style Jazz Bass logo, but I don't think its the original.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Great feel, great warm balanced tone across the strings throughout.[/size][/font][/color]
[font="Helvetica"][color="#000000"][size=3]Welcome to try out before you buy - you wouldn't be disappointed.[/size][/color][/font]
Good quality soft carry case included.
Price reduced

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Geoff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Coseley, West Midlands[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by geoff90guitar

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a superb bass but I've never known a JV to have the woven wires, I could be very wrong but the one I have doesn't, I look forward to seeing the under side of the pickups and may well be interested
Mine doesn't have the body cut out for the truss access either, Idon't think they were all the same and mine was for Japan and not an export model.
An excellent price regardless of what it is, either way quality!

Edited by fluffo

My JV Jazz bass has the woven wiring and so do both my JV Precisions. If you look at the 21 frets site (dedicated JV material and info) you'll see lots of pics with this kind of wiring.

Interesting, there's some doubt as to what you've got.
However the JV's should be cloth covered wiring from the pickups. If not, the pickups may not be related, rewound or re-tailed.
Also you should have the slot in the body for basic truss rod adjustment.
PM me pics if you like and Ill verify what you've got. You may not have what you think.
Geoff

Last bump for this brilliant example. It really feels and plays great, nothing like your modern stuff.
I look at Jazz's as being like Strats (single pole pickups) and Precisions as Gibsons (humbucker) so you've got variation with Jazz and a heavier thud with the Precision which is more ideal for rock.
I'm playing classic rock at the moment with plenty of work, so I'm using Precisions.
Ideally if I changed bands playing various types of music I'd choose the Jazz.
I'm selling this bass to do what with the money I don't know. However, if I don't sell this after this bump it's going to stay with me, Although I'm 68 there could be something else round the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='fluffo' timestamp='1494269622' post='3294587']
Looks like a superb bass but I've never known a JV to have the woven wires, I could be very wrong but the one I have doesn't, I look forward to seeing the under side of the pickups and may well be interested
Mine doesn't have the body cut out for the truss access either, Idon't think they were all the same and mine was for Japan and not an export model.
An excellent price regardless of what it is, either way quality!
[/quote]

Mine has woven wires too.

This is an absolute bargain. Good luck with the sale.

Edited by PawelG