Why become a member? ×

wedge bass combo

brownjar

Right my main bass is a 5 string yamy just downsized from a 4 x 10 " and 1 x 15" hartke 400 w stack and want to go for something like a 2 x 10" or 2 x 12" wedge combo. but cant find many and want to keep the quality of Hartke, ampeg, etc.
i still have the 1 x 15" so i can always expand with that, and becuase the 5 string is so fat anyway i need the tightness 2 x 10" or 2 x 12" will give me.
anyone got any advice on what to go for, or to make my own?

If you can handle the weight, I would suggest a GK RB700 combo. Loud, crisp and clean plus it has a growl knob if you need it. I would still have mine if it was lighter. I had mine with an 210RBH cabinet (which actually sounded very similar to the 1x15) and it was too loud for most gigs I did. Didn't break into a sweat with the B on my 5 strings.

[quote name='lonestar' post='314224' date='Oct 24 2008, 09:51 PM']Markbass CMD102p.
I replaced my 500w Hartke/Ashdown stack with it a couple of years ago. Brilliant!
loud and Light[/quote]
I second the Markbass 2x10 combo.
Was a little unsure at first that it could deliver as backline on the bigger stages but it's working out fine.

[quote name='JD1' post='315304' date='Oct 26 2008, 07:30 PM']+1 on the GK. Haven't Hartke just released a 2 x 10 Hy-Drive wedge combo?[/quote]
[url="http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1937&brandID=3"]Yes they have![/url]

I haven't heard the combo itself, but the new HyDrive cabs and amps sounded great at the London Guitar Show this year. The prices have been very reasonable too.

[quote name='whynot' post='315095' date='Oct 26 2008, 02:54 PM']I second the Markbass 2x10 combo.
Was a little unsure at first that it could deliver as backline on the bigger stages but it's working out fine.[/quote]

+ again on the CMD 102P. I was using it last night & still can't get over how it pumps out the really low frequencies :)