Why become a member? ×

I want to build a Jazz bass...

umcoo

Thoughts on this?

Lake Placid Blue or CAR body from ebay (off the stratosphere probably)
Warmoth Tele bass neck with rosewood board
Wizard Pickups
Schaller tuners
Gotoh 201 bridge

Any tips, advice, 'don't do it'!!!'s, or general statements?? I already have a Gibson g-3, but the jazz seems to be luring me for some reason.

[quote name='umcoo' post='313318' date='Oct 23 2008, 09:20 PM']Thoughts on this?

Lake Placid Blue or CAR body from ebay (off the stratosphere probably)
Warmoth Tele bass neck with rosewood board
Wizard Pickups
Schaller tuners
Gotoh 201 bridge

Any tips, advice, 'don't do it'!!!'s, or general statements?? I already have a Gibson g-3, but the jazz seems to be luring me for some reason.[/quote]
I did that last year got all the parts off ebay, make shure you get the neck and body from the same place unlike me. I have a three mm gap at the end of the neck pocket, but the whole thing rings like a bell. Its fitted with fralins which sound nothing like a fender jazz pickup but has a tone all its own, they go higher than any passive bass pickup ive ever heard. I would recommend it to any bassist to try you can get all the info off the net if you dont understand something, and remember it will end up the way YOU want it.

[quote name='umcoo' post='313353' date='Oct 23 2008, 08:53 PM']Did you buy anything from the stratosphere my friend? The ebay fender body and neck dealer?[/quote]

I bought a P Bass body and some pickguards from them the other week, thinking about buying a neck from there too...no problems until Parcelfarce got their hand on goods :)