Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Wal MK1 1983* Wal MK1 1983
£4000

Andy

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My 1983 Wal Mk1 for sale in great condition (I'm not looking for trades sorry)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]W2142 produced in July 1983 and signed off by Ian Waller.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mahogany core and walnut facings and weighing in at 4.5kg ( 10lbs). [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This comes with it's original brown Wal case[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This bass is only showing the very slightest sign of any play wear. The frets are in excellent condition and the tuners look new with no tarnishing whatsoever. The body is in perfect condition.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are a few minor lacquer dings on the tip of the headstock (pics below) and one small one on the neck.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It plays superbly (it's been set up and the electrics serviced by Paul Herman at Wal).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The sound is everything you'd expect from an 80's Wal [/font][/color] :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The only very minor I'd point out is that it looks like an original string tree has been removed or come away from the headstock and then been replace by a unit in a different position (pictured)[/font][/color]

Edited by Andy

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1490376344' post='3264762']
Andy doesn't just sell basses, he sells smiles.... I haven't stop grinning since I left his house 48.hours ago, after buying a bass from him.

Bump for a great guy and honest seller :)
[/quote]

Haha! Thanks Daniel - I'm now expecting a 'knock' on the door at 5am tomorrow from the drug squad! ;)

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1490376344' post='3264762']
Andy doesn't just sell basses, he sells smiles.... I haven't stop grinning since I left his house 48.hours ago, after buying a bass from him.

[/quote]
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

I think Andy's had a row with his wife, she's got him tied up somewhere, broken into his account and is selling his gear...why else would somebody part with all these superb basses??

I'd like to see photos of Andy with today's paper and the bass. :o :o

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1490381356' post='3264815']
I think Andy's had a row with his wife, she's got him tied up somewhere, broken into his account and is selling his gear...why else would somebody part with all these superb basses??

I'd like to see photos of Andy with today's paper and the bass. :o :o
[/quote]

So now the truth is out.......... the kid gloves are off!

[attachment=241720:2017-03-25 00.18.40.jpg]