Why become a member? ×

Reunited! Spector Euro 4...

Josh

A little back story, Basically this was my first real high end bass which I gor for Christmas 2 years ago, I had it for a short while and at that time I was struggling to get the ever elusive Jaco tone and so I eventually traded it for a Deluxe Jazz. And really it's the only bass that i've regretted not getting to know better and stumbling across some old photos of the bass just reminded me of it and really had been nagging me for over a year, I still was in contact with the owner so I knew where it was so it never really got too far from me. So about a few weeks ago I sent him a friendly message just wondering if he was planning on selling it anytime soon and for how much, well luckily he was looking to sell and I made an offer which he jumped at. He got it set up by a tech who is very informed about Spectors, just before shipping it to me.

And here it is:

When I had it first it had the infamous black knobs and I had grown accustomed to them, I'm not a great fan of gold hardware so I quickly swapped them over to the originals:

It's strange, although the previous owner has had it logner than me, it still feels exactly the same as it did when I had it first, the colour still demands attention and is so nice to look at, the semi-minor ding I added to the neck holds sentimental value. But the main difference now is that I have a much superior amp to what I had at the time so for the first time I've managed to hear it's full potential and it compliments the tone of my MTD's perfectly.

Just needs some new strings before I'm fully happy though :).

Josh.

I've just had a little tweak on the action and now she plays just as good as my MTD's, but Cetera one question, I know the bottom knob is treble and the far left knob is the pan control but are the last 2 individual volume controls?

[quote name='ped' post='312349' date='Oct 22 2008, 06:05 PM']Would you be able to get the yammie back, or have you lost track of it?[/quote]

Lost track Ped :) . Nice fella called guy who bought it from me back in the Bassworld days, no idea if he comes here or not. I really should have clung on to that one with both hands. It came from Linzdavbass on Bassworld I think, top quality bass guitar, regardless of its monetary value. I challenge anyone to show me a bass of ANY value that was a better bass than that Yamaha.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='355503' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:32 PM']So Josh, is it a NT?

Looks very nice although I prefer the gold Knobs myself.[/quote]

Indeed it is man, sustains for weeks and the construction is just spot on.

These really are amazing basses, any bassist needs to try/own/play one at least once in their lifetime, and I know John will have to be held back when I say this, but, this Spector is much more Warwick sounding than any Warwick I've had. The fuss their getting as of late is well worth it and I'm really happy to see the amount of players who are being blown away by these relatively cheap basses.

Yours will compliment your Thumb quite nicely man.

Edited by Josh