Why become a member? ×

Squier P Bass Special, Red, Great Condition

jamesf

Hi Everyone,

I'm selling the first bass I ever bought, my red Squier P-special. Made in indonesia, bought in 1999 from A1 Music in Preston for £230, it's been a great bass and I'm sad to see it go, but it hasn't really had a look-in since the arrival of my stingray. It plays really well, has a lovely neck and is in great but used condition - there are light scuff marks round the back edges, a bit of buckle rash and a little bit of fret wear. The pickguard is also quite scratched, but none of this is visible in the photos, no matter how hard I try! All original parts, the low E has a really open throaty sound which is gorgeous. I have used this bass as my main practice bass since I started to play many moons ago, through owning quite a few basses, and it's been superb. I've played a few gigs with this bass and it's stood up absolutely superbly, and the only minor annoyance is that the jack socket nut comes loose occasionally, but it just needs a pair of needle nose pliers to rectify.

£100 earth pounds, I'd prefer you to collect it as I don't have a suitable case or box to ship it in, but if it's too far away, I'll gladly fashion a box, or dismantle it and ship with neck detached if you prefer. I'll deliver it personally if you live locally, or meet you half way within a reasonable distance.

If you need any more info or pictures, just let me know, although I can't access BC at work (I know!) so it may have to be when I get back in.

James.

Edited by jamesf

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='323684' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:31 PM']Never played one, but it certainly looks like a Jazz Neck to me. :)[/quote]

Yeah your right I think. Does anyone know if Fender made these (i.e a p body with p and j pickups) with a precision neck?

[quote name='Frusty' post='323755' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:45 PM']Yeah your right I think. Does anyone know if Fender made these (i.e a p body with p and j pickups) with a precision neck?[/quote]

There was an MIM version. If you Google Precision Special you just might find some information about them.

Aye, but the MIM also has a jazz neck on it. (except for mine which has a P neck on it from a different MIM P bass.)

Both the passive and the active MIM P bass specials are deluxe and come with US electrics. The active has a noiseless J and some of them have maple boards which is unusual for MIM fenders. They're tip top basses.