Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
kumimajava

Greetings from Japan

[color=#191919][font=Lato, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hi all,

Been reading these boards for a while, so I think it's finally time to say hi

I was a saxophone player in my youth, but some medical issues meant I had to stop. About a decade later (!!), I moved to Japan and finally found a way of making more free time for music in my life, so am just starting out on the bass guitar. With paper-thin walls, playing bass with headphones is a lot more neighbour-friendly than woodwind would have been!

Thus, for now, stumbling along, and hopefully in a couple of years (or ten), I'll be up to the average of most other guys on this board. But - enjoying every step of the way.

Many thanks to everyone contributing on here - I've already learned a lot from your input. I hope one day, I'll be able to pitch in with some contributions of mine own :) [/size][/font][/color] Edited by kumimajava

Hi kumimajava,

Welcome to Basschat. I'm sure you'll progress well in bass. There are loads of great online resources to help you learn. Basschat also is blessed with many really good helpful folk too.

Good luck with your practice.

Welcome - no such thing as average - your severest judge should be you - just be as good as you can be.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Will you be able to do some real life Japcrap spotting for us all and post to that topic? I trust you have had a look there!

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys :)

Re: Japcrap. Most of the things I've seen in music stores is pretty decent, but the world of Yahoo Auctions (eBay is non-existent here) is weird and wonderful indeed.

Just two days ago there was Kubicki Factor-a-like, under the brand "Fixer - Poor House Factory" (most likely produced by Headway, who nowadays produce Bacchus, I think). I was somewhat tempted to bid on it, but managed to resist... If i did put in a cheeky bid on each weird thing that surfaces, I'd soon be overrun by a horde of random semi-functional bass-shaped stuff :)

Not that it won't happen anyway, eventually but for now... here's that Fixer!

Welcome to Basschat.

I kinda like that Fixer, I'm a sucker for black and white basses :lol: