Why become a member? ×

a face only a mother could love

addictedtobass

Hi all.
My latest bout of G.A.S led me to evil bay , and whilst browsing through the quality merchandise on offer i came across something i wish i could unsee . not wishing to give people the impression that to play and sound good it has to be beautiful looking and all sparkly new , but ugly is ugly. this was a HONDO bass that looked like it was the result of a one night stand betwwen a deformed P bass body and some kind of 80s curly haired pop rock shredder type neck . i have searched to find a link to the picture but it looks like someone actually bought it or the seller couldnt stand the shame anymore and removed it. not sure what kinda gear they were chuffing on in the HONDO design room on that particular day but whatever it was it must have been good. just for fun (and to try and rid my mind of the abhoration i saw) how about seeing anything that you have come across that is er......aesthetically challenged.
cheers
bob

When I saw this thread I though you'd been at one of my gigs, Addict!

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1481719634' post='3194497']
I have the equivalent Hondo guitar, a tele! Finished to look like Prince's, baby puke yellow, rubbish animal print scratch guard and a very pointy headstock. Yet can't part with it either!
[/quote]

Why no picture? Come on, you know you want to....