Why become a member? ×

Anybody on here make pickguards?

ROConnell

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1487794174' post='3243057']
Of the pickguard makers advertising, how can I be sure that the types they make are exact versions for the instrument required? Or, to put it another way, who can confidently say that they will do a version of say a US Precision plate where the screws are in exactly the right place? I know that said plate does fit one of my instruments and the screw holes line up. I'd be cheesed off if I bought a new plate (in say a non-standard colour) only to find that, having been advertised as a certain type, that it wasn't a correct fit for one reason or another.
[/quote]

Many will offer a downloadable template, which does kind of work if you set up your printer correctly.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1487846284' post='3243430']
Many will offer a downloadable template, which does kind of work if you set up your printer correctly.
[/quote]

Funny you should mention that as I'd done just that this morning before I popped over to BassChat. NorthWest Guitars in this case who I have purchased from before and had great service.

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' timestamp='1487847849' post='3243453']
Or just sand down the pickguard spray some plastic primer and spray it black
[/quote]

Does this actually work and provide a hard enough wearing finish?
The worst thing would be to have a peeling flaking pickguard that was then no use in its original colour.

[quote name='ROConnell' timestamp='1481621426' post='3193713']
So can anyone do it?
[/quote]

I don't know if you've already seen this topic but here is an interesting post from it;
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/275859-old-front-door-and-a-shelf/page__view__findpost__p__2952016

Props to Jabba the Gut

[quote name='fftc' timestamp='1487848634' post='3243462']

Does this actually work and provide a hard enough wearing finish?
The worst thing would be to have a peeling flaking pickguard that was then no use in its original colour.
[/quote]

If sanded down properly and clean properly shodn t be a problem , however you can use polycrylic after painted and that should do it .