Why become a member? ×

New Fender American Professional Series....

Musicman20

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1488026748' post='3245129']
I went through a similar process when I was trying out Gibson Les Pauls. The Gibson Les Paul Standard (Traditional) is a really nice guitar but not £2200 good. At this point it is what it is.
[/quote]

How's was the QC on them? Been hearing bad things about them over the past few years.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1488028204' post='3245148']
How's was the QC on them? Been hearing bad things about them over the past few years.
[/quote]

I tried a Classic, a Traditional and the Standard. I thought that the set up on the Traditional was pretty poor, but in terms of fit and finish they were all pretty good. The Standard for me though did seem to be on another level in terms of quality.

I'm sure that if I played about 6 of the same models though there would be probably be a ratio of one gem, one dog and 4 that are 'fine'.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just acquired an Am. Pro. Fretless Jazz. Even the the new V-Mod pups, the improved tuning keys, and the decal changes, the Am. Std. head top, and the Am. Pro. head bottom, it sounds, and plays the same as the Am. Std. does. And the Pro. costs $150. Buckaroos more.