Why become a member? ×

sei flambouyant 6 for sale or trade (Sold)

littleal

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='306719' date='Oct 14 2008, 10:14 PM']I used to own this Sei 6 strings.

It is one of the best 6 string basses I ever played. Great B string, perfect balance, fantastic tone.

Keep it. :)[/quote]

Are you the guy i bought it from, i came to london from the isle of wight ?

Well i've played around with it tonight but it's not my sound so it's still up for grabs, it's a shame because it play's beutifully & looks the biz.
I did have it on ebay starting at £1800 but was hoping for around £2000, but i decided i would give it another go & withdrew it.
so she's still for sale or px for a thumb 5 or 6 :)

If you just can't get on with the sound, then by all means try and sell/exchange it, but I really wouldn't trade it straight up for a Thumb. Don't get me wrong, I love Warwicks, but as others have aluded to, the market is such that Warwicks are going very cheaply at the moment - in fact, you've picked a perfect time to be buying Warwick.

Your Sei is more desirable (I think) in the second hand market, so as everyone else has suggested, you'd be best trying to sell it and then buying a Warwick afterwards. You'd more than likely get a second hand Thumb BO for £700-800, whereas you've got a good chance of getting £1500 if not more for your Sei.

Good luck with it!

Edited by geilerbass

[quote name='littleal' post='307088' date='Oct 15 2008, 01:57 PM']Thats what i,m gonna do, so as i said she's still up for sale :)
my thumb was a 94 so if any of you guy's have one or similer for sale :huh:[/quote]

its odd all this talk about warwicks.
i love my thumb six tone and my new warwick dolphin sntcs is perfectly balanced.
to buy new warwicks stil cost you loads ( new thumb £2300.00!)and the older ones are nicer made.
my neck profile on my thumb 6 is super slim slimer than my 5 string and nearly as slim as my cort artisan 4 string!!!
the bartolnis just kill anything else that ive played, yeah he neck is long but since i got the comfort strap sorted its alright . i think all makes of everything in general is a little bit cheaper at the mo as no ones got any dough!!!
I mean check out the back of my thumb its lovely.!!
lets hope they come back in fashion!!!!.

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='307330' date='Oct 15 2008, 07:52 PM']Just been on the gallerys website and a warwick NT thumb six retails at..
.£ 3035.00

mmm maybe its worth us all holding on to our babys!!!![/quote]

Bit like my Infinity

Gallery are listing it at £3,270 new - wouldn't fetch half that on the open market :)

Although I'd trade it for a Sei 6 :huh:

Edited by molan