Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Pulser 400 (Precision) Nippon Gakki Natural with Canto Bass Bag
£500

PawelG

Now 450GBP

Hello everyone,

Most of you probably know the quality of Yamaha and Japanese instruments in general, so I won't go into too much detail (as I probably know less than you). Few dings/imperfections can be found on the bottom of the body and the headstock, but nothing major. It is in incredible condition for it's age. The guy I bought it from said it was 1978. It has copper tape shielding inside which makes it very quiet. Doesn't buzz at all. Really cool, warm sound but can be quite bright if needed. Professionally set up, ready to go.

Body: Ash
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Maple
Pickups: Alnico

The neck is slightly smaller than normal Precision. The bass is really easy to play. Almost slippery neck.
Weight - 4.2kg/9.2lb

I have a spare cardboard box, so postage can be arranged.

More photos available on request.

I will consider interesting trade offers - Precision of similar quality but with rosewood on the neck preferably.

PLEASE NOTE: The Canto bag has one of the zips stuck, the other one still works, so you can easily put the bass in and take it out with no problems.

[attachment=232873:DSCN0865.JPG][attachment=232874:DSCN0868.JPG][attachment=232875:DSCN0869.JPG][attachment=232877:DSCN0875.JPG]

Edited by PawelG

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1480384609' post='3183974']
Wow! What a bass :o I always say of how Yamaha basses are better than Fender and this surely must be prime example!
I've played a late 70's/very early 80's pbass and quality is everywhere in touch, feel and sound. Someone is bound to snap this up asap.
[/quote]

Thank you.

It is true. Obviously, opinions vary and some people would always go to the ones that say ''Fender'' on the headstock. And that is understandable. But it is interesting how many people say that Japanese instruments from 70's were most of the time better than American Fender. And that is not just Yamaha but also Greco, Fernandes, Tokai, Kasuga, Aria... There are a lot of top quality instruments from that era. And the difference in price is noticeable :-)

I have one of these - used to belong to Beedster/Chris of this parish. Exact twin of this bass. Think mine is '77 (going by the only Yamaha serial number doc I can find). Great bass. Easily better than the majority of Fenders I've ever played...