Why become a member? ×

SOLD-Fender American Vintage Reissue 64 Jazz Bass-SOLD
£1335

michele

As I've discovered I'm more of a P bass guy, here goes up for sale my 64 Reissue American Vintage Jazz Bass.
Bass is in great condition with no dings or scratches to speak of.
Only thing I've changed is the crappy brownish plastic Fender pickguard as I've upgraded to a beautiful real celluloid tort guard made by Montreux Japan. This one has the more desirable reddish tone very true to the original. It's lightly and tastefully reliced and goes really well with the beautiful three-tone sunburst nitrocellulose finish.
The bass plays really good, has a straight nice neck, low action. It weights 9 lbs and balances great.
The tone is a bomb. Fender really nailed it with these Pure Vintage 64 Jazz pickups: best tone I've ever heard in a jazz bass, including my long gone original 68.
The bass is very resonant. The very thin nitrocellulose lacquer surely plays a role in this, plus it looks really good, with a depth and richness of colours that's unreachable with poly finishes.

Bass comes with the original blonde vintage G&G case, pickup and bridge covers, vintage cord and vintage strap, unopened set of Fender flat wound strings, all the papers and candies.

Price is Eur 1500 (which is 1335 GBP at today's exchange rate) + shipping.
Shipment will be around 80 Euros for most European destinations with Air Courier, including insurance.
That's to give you a basic idea: final shipping quote will be determined as you let me know your ZIP Code.

Thanks for looking. Here comes the eye candies:

Edited by michele

• 2 weeks later...