Why become a member? ×

Where To Get A Song Mastered?

thebrig

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1475686087' post='3147980']

I was in a punk band with Dick Beetham and Dave Turner when I was in college. Dick was a phenomenal drummer, Dave was a great guitarist too. (Incidentally, the other guitarist forged a career in studio work elsewhere. I just went to work in finance.)

I'm not entirely certain about how 360 came about; Dick engineered some well known albums and one thing clearly led to another!
[/quote]

Dave at 360 did my last bands efforts. +1 from me, excellent result & quick service too.

Thanks everybody for the advice you have given me so far, and please keep it coming in, I'm getting more and more excited about getting into this.

I officially retire next month, although I took early retirement a few years ago for health reasons, so I know its going to be difficult for someone of my age to learn something so complex as recording music.

I have all I need to get started, Logic Pro X, and a decent computer, I'm not expecting miracles but I will work hard and see where it takes me, I know that I only have to ask, and I will get plenty of sound advice from you guys here on BC.

I suppose I should start posting on the Recording forum, but I'm a bit nervous being such a newbie to the art.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1475789023' post='3148860']
What..? Are you still here..? Get yourself over to the Recording section immediately..!

([i]Non, mais..! Quelle toupée..! Harrumph..![/i])
[/quote]I've now gone to the land of the recording maestros! :)

Echoing what some others have alluded to, the recording and mixing processes are just as important as the mastering. Make sure you're getting top quality results from the earlier stages too, as you can't polish a turd.

You can however, roll it in glitter!