Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender 2012 ‘American Special’ Fretless Precision Bass with Gig Bag - £585..!
£850

Musashimonkey

[b]Fender 2012 ‘American Special’ Fretless Precision Bass with Gig Bag[/b]

A wonderful and light American built passive P-Bass in honey burst. Complete with Gig Bag and upgraded Hipshot tuners. (8.5lbs before anyone asks). Bass is located in Kent, but can ship insured to mainland UK at cost.
[list]
[*]Body Material: Two-piece alder
[*]Body Finish: Hand rubbed stain with a satin nitro lacquer top coat
[*]Neck: Maple, Slim "C" Shape
[*]Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
[*]Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
[*]Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
[*]Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
[*]String Nut: Synthetic Bone
[*]Pickup: American Standard Precision Bass® Alnico Split Single-Coil
[*]Bridge: Standard Vintage 4 Saddle Bass
[*]Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
[/list]

The bass was sent to Brook Guitars down in Devon who did a fantastic job of converting the neck to a fretless solid ebony board (7mm deep at the centre, 5mm at the sides) complete with original nut.

It plays really well and the unlined board is incredible with amazing sustain. The bass has also been upgraded with genuine Fender black scratch-plate with tug-bar, and upgraded to Hipshot tuners which keep the weight down at 8.5lbs with perfect balance.

The bass has some minor bumps and scrapes to the body, but is in very good condition.

Edited by Musashimonkey

Nothing at all. I received it, loved it, decided it was a keeper, the back of the bass is even more amazing than the front! Then two days later; my silly silly silly band mates have changed their minds AGAIN about the tuning, so now I need to get hold of another fretted bass for gigging tuned to C standard. Unfortunately I don't have any spare cash to keep this, and it's a heavy rock band, so can't get away with using this. Got another festival gig an a couple of weeks, so going to have to take a huge hit on this. Absolutely gutted, and very annoyed at the band. But it means someone here is in for a BARGAIN!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1472249075' post='3119887']
He is also swiftly becoming a Jedi Of The Order Of Gear Whores :lol:
[/quote]

But not a Jedi Master like Karl yet he is, mmm?

Great bass btw, I had the conversion done and Brook Guitars [i]nailed[/i] it :)

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='dmckee' timestamp='1472287160' post='3120021']
It's a done deal. :-) Looking forward to getting it next week sometime. Thanks to everyone for all the reassurances.
[/quote]
Congratulations...I think you scored there