Why become a member? ×

Here's my lot

16Again

I'm in love with this just now, My 1996 Rickenbacker 4003,fitted chrome scratch plate today! :huh: .

I bought this the other week for £300, Fender standard Precision MIM.

I used this for 10 years and never let me down,good all rounder,Hohner The Jack Bass Custom.

I Picked this up on ebay for £120 :huh: ,havent used it much but feels and sounds good.

This is an Aria pro2 IGB-SPT, i sent it away to a pro paint sprayer (brian sheperd of Fantasy bike art, brighton),damaged a bit now cause i had it displayed on my wall and it fell off duelly landing on my cat (he hates basses now!) and smashing a glass coffee table but it still looks good...... apart from a hideous headstock and plays like sh*te, though i love it! :)

No idea what this is!! Anyone??
Got it in this state from a friend who was clearing a flat he owns. What should i do to it?
All you see is all i've got, no pick-ups,bridge ,it's got active electrics and a through neck! :huh: Edited by 16Again

[quote name='bassboy115' post='30921' date='Jul 12 2007, 09:11 PM']That Ric looks Fantastic.

The white on white looks really good on the precision![/quote]

Thanks bassboy, i cant talk about my rickenbacker, i get too excited!! :)
I was going to change the scratch plate on the fender to a black one but now that i've seen it properly,i think the all white looks real nice. i'll get a badass bridge for it.

D.

[quote name='16Again' post='30981' date='Jul 12 2007, 10:55 PM']Thanks bassboy, i cant talk about my rickenbacker, i get too excited!! :)
I was going to change the scratch plate on the fender to a black one but now that i've seen it properly,i think the all white looks real nice. i'll get a badass bridge for it.

D.[/quote]

yeah rickenbacker is my dream bass... The white looks better than a standard black one (you see to many of them) Tort pickguard would look nice on it 2!

[quote name='16Again' post='30909' date='Jul 12 2007, 08:51 PM']
No idea what this is!! Anyone??
Got it in this state from a friend who was clearing a flat he owns. What should i do to it?
All you see is all i've got, no pick-ups,bridge ,it's got active electrics and a through neck! :)[/quote]
That's one of these:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOP-4-STRING-ACTIVE-BASS-THRU-NECK-NEW_W0QQitemZ260137697247QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOP-4-STRING-ACTIVE-...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Or at least it was, once. These are, or were, sold by UK based Ebay cheapo merchant Wesley Guitars, as well as the German company selling this one. Wesley got threatened by Rickenbacker so they flogged off their remaining stock for £99, last year. I was sad enough to buy one, and apart from a knackered preamp & traditional shoddy fret job, it was OK for the cash. No idea who makes them, likely some anonymous Chinese or Taiwanese factory.

Can't quite tell if yours has been stripped, painted or both - & whoever did it started then got bored. Anyway, on the front, you should find a rather nice flamed maple top & wood edge-binding. As you can see from the Ebay link, the top was originally a rather p!ssy- coloured yellow/brown but maybe that's been stripped already. The back was (or maybe still is) very thin matt black, which falls off as soon as you look at it. If it's like mine, the wood underneath's quite nice, & might be worth stripping & oil-finishing. I think it might make a nice project if you can get pups to fit it.

Jon.

[quote name='simon1964' post='32754' date='Jul 16 2007, 10:21 PM']Nice collection. That Ric looks fantastic.[/quote]

cheers Simon, it took alot of overtime at work to get the cash together! :)
I suppose it's the Rickenbacker Phil Lynott would have had if he had one :huh:

[quote name='16Again' post='32857' date='Jul 17 2007, 08:38 AM']I suppose it's the Rickenbacker Phil Lynott would have had if he had one :)[/quote]

HE DID! and your right he did use a black ric with a chrome scrathplate, on the video for 'wild one'...He also used one in the video for 'the rocker' but it was a black one with a white plate( I dont know the specs on it but it didnt have a neck pickup and it only had dots on the neck so im guessin it was a very early ric)

Anyway again love the ric!

Edited by bassboy115

[quote name='16Again' post='35438' date='Jul 22 2007, 12:48 AM']Just looked it up on youtube. I never knew that!
I just wish Mr Lynott wore his bass lower! It's so much cooler lookin lower. :)[/quote]

Yeah i know owell if it worked for him who can knock it plus it makes his flares and platforms look so much cooler :huh:

[quote name='steve' post='35587' date='Jul 22 2007, 04:04 PM']not a fan of rics or fenders :huh: , but the hohners are cool[/quote]

cheers Steve, the Hohners have a bloody great sound and are the most comfortable bass's i've ever worn, i'd recommend them to anyone. :)