Why become a member? ×

Coming soon to a gig near you ...

Happy Jack

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1469105286' post='3095780']
And what's wrong with "excited faces", I hear you ask.

[/quote]

Mind you, what a band name that would be ... The Excited Faeces.

Unless children were involved, in which case it would presumably be The Small Faeces.

[quote name='ivansc' timestamp='1469174661' post='3096269']
Doesnt seem to have occurred to them that an easier solution might be to suggest that the member of staff with the hearing problem figure out their own strategy for reducing the problems caused? I know we are supposed to be all-inclusive, but I am hearing impaired and often struggle to hear un-amplified public speakers even with my hearing aids.
Maybe I SHOULD stand up and shout "SPEAK UP! we cant hear you!"

:)
[/quote]

I strongly agree.

I am hearing impaired at times. Adults who have hearing problems have to cope. Let the kids learn at their earliest opportunity to form coping strategies that are not counter intuitive.

However I think the topic article was more about loud noises scaring some of the little ones thereby causing puddles and introducing the risk of skidding on a slippery floor.

Just popping out to walk the dinosaur...

Edited by SpondonBassed

• 2 weeks later...

What's all this nonsense about clapping in assembly anyway? We only clapped in assembly once a year, on prizegiving day. The rest of the time we were quiet and attentive, at least in the main. There were occasional disturbances when one of the giganotosauruses got loose.