Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Big Baby T + Aguilar SL112?

countjodius

Guest bassman7755

Your question implies theres something you don't like about the BBT (I'm guessing this is the older model with the 6" mid driver ?). In that case you would probably be better off selling it and getting two new cabs, ideally identical ones.

Apologies, I should have elaborated. My logic was that a single BBT would do a better job for smaller gigs over a single SL 112 (given the suggested 450 watt over 250 watt difference, although I realise these figures aren't a measured indicator).

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1468140201' post='3088750']
Pairing two dissimilar cabs is unlikely to work well. Keep the one you prefer and get a second one; sell the other cab.
[/quote]

Is due to phase issues?

[quote name='countjodius' timestamp='1468142111' post='3088768']
Apologies, I should have elaborated. My logic was that a single BBT would do a better job for smaller gigs over a single SL 112 (given the suggested 450 watt over 250 watt difference, although I realise these figures aren't a measured indicator).

Is due to phase issues?
[/quote]

The speaker ratings are what wattage the speakers can handle pumped into them, and not necessarily an indicator of which is more sensitive or louder.

There are so many flavours of great for 1x12 bass cabs now. I've no extensive experience of either, but there are plenty of other options out there too. Pays your money and takes your choice!

Do you already have the BF? Get another if you like it but want 'more', move it on if you want something different, is the general consensus.

Edited by M@23

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1468161419' post='3088913']
There are so many flavours of great for 1x12 bass cabs now. I've no extensive experience of either, but there are plenty of other options out there too. Pays your money and takes your choice!

Do you already have the BF? Get another if you like it but want 'more', move it on if you want something different, is the general consensus.
[/quote]

Yes I currently have the Barefaced but fancy a change and abusing my Aguilar artist deal :P So maybe the next question would be how would the 2 x SL 112 stack compare to the single Big Baby T?! Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='countjodius' timestamp='1468171932' post='3089004']
how would the 2 x SL 112 stack compare to the single Big Baby T?!
[/quote]

Well 2 of the 12's is going sound the same as one ... but louder B)

Edited by bassman7755