Why become a member? ×

NPD - DSM Deluxe OmniCabSim

sk8

Hmmm, about the headphone out...

I've just had the crazy idea of using it to plug in a bluetooth transmitter of some sort together with wireless earphones: compact bass monitoring onstage.
I wonder if anybody has tried something like that. I suspect the issue may be ensuring no/low latency from the bluetooth...

It is a great idea..i researched that option and others for wireless monitoring, but as you hinted, latency was a big issue, together with distance range..

The other option was radio frequecy, it is easy to build a radio emmiter, but you just can't put a radio emmiter for professional use (due to fcc regulations), unless it is UHF (like nady) and that's another world..the emmitter would be bigger and much more complex than the OCSD..so..i just went for the feasible option

[quote name='Dsmnoisemaker' timestamp='1468684506' post='3092662']
It is a great idea..i researched that option and others for wireless monitoring, but as you hinted, latency was a big issue, together with distance range..

The other option was radio frequecy, it is easy to build a radio emmiter, but you just can't put a radio emmiter for professional use (due to fcc regulations), unless it is UHF (like nady) and that's another world..the emmitter would be bigger and much more complex than the OCSD..so..i just went for the feasible option
[/quote]

Oh, really? You even considered that option? that would have made that little box... well, not very little as you say after all! :)

Maybe one day the bluetooth technology will be better (30ms latency for *low latency* bluetooth is just not good enough, as I have found out), or there will be something else. No biggie. It was just a thought.

Omnicabsim just ordered, by the way ;) I was going to wait but after checking a few more reviews, it does seem this will be perfect for me. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1468687370' post='3092699']
Oh, really? You even considered that option? that would have made that little box... well, not very little as you say after all! :)

Maybe one day the bluetooth technology will be better (30ms latency for *low latency* bluetooth is just not good enough, as I have found out), or there will be something else. No biggie. It was just a thought.

Omnicabsim just ordered, by the way ;) I was going to wait but after checking a few more reviews, it does seem this will be perfect for me. Can't wait!
[/quote]

Has it arrived yet mate?

I recorded a couple of tracks for our bands debut EP last week with it, it just sounds fantastic. DI straight to Focusrite interface and cubase with zero processing in-between, it sounds killer. Tracks are being mastered at the moment but hopefully will be able to share one soon. I may get the chief to do a mix of just drums and bass so you can here what it does better :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1469960299' post='3102249']
Has it arrived yet mate?

I recorded a couple of tracks for our bands debut EP last week with it, it just sounds fantastic. DI straight to Focusrite interface and cubase with zero processing in-between, it sounds killer. Tracks are being mastered at the moment but hopefully will be able to share one soon. I may get the chief to do a mix of just drums and bass so you can here what it does better :)
[/quote]

Oh I'd love to hear that mix! :) Please post it here!

Yes, it arrived on Friday. Unfortunately I've been too busy and I haven't been able to do much with it yet.
I unpacked it and plugged it in for a few minutes using headphones only... just trying to get to grips with what each control does. The controls are pretty interactive, aren't they? You can't say "knob X in position Y is the right one for me" because it depends on what you do with the rest... but I thought I started to "get it" after about 15 minutes fiddling with it. It covers a LOT of ground.
I want to play with it a bit more tomorrow or Tuesday and then take it to my rehearsal session on Wednesday, and use the OCS into the PA and see what it sounds like.

So... it's early days, but I like what I hear so far. I think with a decent preamp this could be a killer magic box :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1470013070' post='3102702']

Oh I'd love to hear that mix! :) Please post it here!

Yes, it arrived on Friday. Unfortunately I've been too busy and I haven't been able to do much with it yet.
I unpacked it and plugged it in for a few minutes using headphones only... just trying to get to grips with what each control does. The controls are pretty interactive, aren't they? You can't say "knob X in position Y is the right one for me" because it depends on what you do with the rest... but I thought I started to "get it" after about 15 minutes fiddling with it. It covers a LOT of ground.
I want to play with it a bit more tomorrow or Tuesday and then take it to my rehearsal session on Wednesday, and use the OCS into the PA and see what it sounds like.

So... it's early days, but I like what I hear so far. I think with a decent preamp this could be a killer magic box :)
[/quote]

They are very interactive with one another, particularly the top 3 knobs. I have settled with 1oclock, 9oclock and 1oclock respectively, sounds absolutely killer with my rig (Dingwall/Darkglass). The pedal was built and tested with a B7K preamp which is probably why I like it so much!

For me it goes beyond cab modeling, it just does something magic to your tone whether amping or just recording. I haven't turned it off since I got it, rehearsal and recording alike!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Dsmnoisemaker' timestamp='1471373863' post='3112639']
Hey Guys!!
I just want you to know that i´m offering free worldwide shipping this week!!! so for all of you living in europe, this is a pretty good deal!!

just go to www.dsmnoisemaker.com and get yours..while they last...
[/quote]

Awesome deal! Great opportunity to get on this!

Have you considered dealers in the UK at all? I mentioned Bass Direct to you, any luck there? Overseas, Prymaxe gets a lot of interest in the UK as well as the US.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1471381051' post='3112727']
Awesome deal! Great opportunity to get on this!

Have you considered dealers in the UK at all? I mentioned Bass Direct to you, any luck there? Overseas, Prymaxe gets a lot of interest in the UK as well as the US.
[/quote]
no they didn´t respond to my mails :(

[quote name='Dsmnoisemaker' timestamp='1471381513' post='3112730']
no they didn´t respond to my mails :(
[/quote]

Try Bass Direct again, I think that it is the ideal avenue in the UK for you as it will be surrounded by pedals and gear this works so very, very well with.