Why become a member? ×

Well i never... this is going to gain some interest.... ( warning addictive wal content)

funkgod

I love the look of it, when John Entwistle's came up for auction i missed it because i was away and got my dates wrong and so mike G snapped that up for what i consider quite cheap, i really did want that one .....BUGGER.. :(
not to hang on the wall but to use ( if it played well)... ahhh welll
my wal is battered now from getting on 30 years of abuse and it still looks sounds and plays great so im looking at this one and thinking yea i could use that i would not be too bothered about getting it scratched or marks here and there as it looks well used already.
But.... i cant afford this one right now so thats me out, a shame but if i had the cash free yea i would be right in there, and playing it at my next gig and on my up and coming vid, now that would of looked really cool.
Dream on :rolleyes:

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1467278972' post='3082425']
No doubt a great piece of history but I think it's one of the fugliest basses I've ever seen!
[/quote]

I'm not a big fan of Wals anyway but that is one of the ugliest, knocked-up-in-a-shed looking basses I've ever seen.

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1468113459' post='3088692']
£7.400

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Early-Wal-Bass-JG-custom-/152149147346?hash=item236ccbbed2:g:GeQAAOSwbYZXdDLo#ht_598wt_1005
[/quote]

Ive been following this with interest and thought the final figure might be up around £8k...

I did have some contact with the seller and he said that he didn't know what it would go for but he did think the starting price of £3.5k was a little on the light side... Just a little as it turns out :s

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1468132433' post='3088712']
I'll be keeping an eye on the talkbass Wal thread as I expect that is where it ended up...
[/quote]
I have just seen the seller posted in FB that the bass went off to Germany.