Why become a member? ×

Tried video editing for the first time

charic

I think that a great deal depends on the raw material being good quality stuff from the outset, preferably filmed expressly for the occasion. I'll humbly admit, though, that my very first attempt was a far cry from that above (and successive ones not much of an improvement, unfortunately..! :blush: ). It didn't stop me from posting some of them here, though, back in the 'Promotion for the Basschat Composition Challenge' days. :lol:

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1466111697' post='3073502']
I'm still fighting with the software. My PC doesn't like it. I'm going to try some different software.
[/quote]

I went with Blender in the end. It was an absolute 'mare' to get my head around and I actually found myself getting so frustrated I had to leave the house and go for a walk :lol:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1466113811' post='3073521']
I think that a great deal depends on the raw material being good quality stuff from the outset, preferably filmed expressly for the occasion. I'll humbly admit, though, that my very first attempt was a far cry from that above (and successive ones not much of an improvement, unfortunately..! :blush: ). It didn't stop me from posting some of them here, though, back in the 'Promotion for the Basschat Composition Challenge' days. :lol:
[/quote]

Well... the music is all original. It's the intro to one of my new bands tracks (where I play keys). The laughing is a granular synth and the twinkles are a music box setting... love this keyboard though :D

The clips of video on the other hand are all free license bits I scavenged from around the web and the logo was made by Andy Pilkington of very metal art who I HIGHLY recommend.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1466111717' post='3073504']
Wow, first time? That's pretty impressive!!
[/quote]

Thanks, I can't say it was easy unfortunately :lol:

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1466143414' post='3073593']
That has worked well. Really gets a certain feeling across. Such simple stuff but the editing has made it work so well.
[/quote]

Thanks, I really appreciate it :)