Why become a member? ×

Spector Shorty Short-Scale Bass Figured Maple Mint ***SOLD***
£1400

jaccjazz

This must be one of the best short scale (30") bass guitars on the market. It was originally designed for Garry Tallent from Bruce Springsteen's backing band, the E street band.

This one was built by Stuart Spector in New York in November 2013.

The RRP is currently £2,799 and best street price is around £2,200 so this must be a bargain.

With a lightweight swamp ash body, a 3 piece graphite reinforced maple neck, pau ferro fingerboard, and 30 & 3/8 inch scale it is superbly easy to play.

Electronics include Aguilar J pickups along with Aguilar OBP 3 band eq with 2 selectable mid frequencies which gives the bass a large range of useable tones.

I bought this on Basschat a couple of months ago from Pestie (Mike), who bought it new from Bass Direct, and it's not been out of the house since. You can see the Basschat sale here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/280748-sold-spector-shorty-l1600-sold/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Financial reasons force me to sell, love it as I do. It has however inspired to me stick to short-scale.

As to the condition, there is not a scratch, ding, or scuff on it – just as I bought it from Pestie. It comes with original Spector hard shell case also in excellent condition.

Here are some more Spector blurbs:

It has the ORIGINAL DEEP SOCKET NECK INSERT™ design. Stuart Spector invented this neck/socket design to allow bolt-on basses to have increased sustain and stability.
Lightweight body with a top of quilted Maple.
The Neck is 3 Piece Rock-Maple graphite reinforced with 24 fret Pau Ferro (Bolivian Rosewood) fingerboard and mother of pearl SPECTOR® Crown Inlays.
30 3/8" scale, 22 frets
Deep Socket Neck Insert™ for maximum sustain and stability
Pau Ferro Fingerboard, 16" radius
Original Spector NS curved body style
Brass nut width 1.64"
Black Hardware
Custom Hipshot A style Brass Bridge
Gotoh GB70 Tuners
Aquilar OBP3 active preamp, bass, treble, mid (with push/pull frequency select), volume, volume
Weight - 3.4kg/7lb 9oz

Price:£1400.00
Will consider offers.

Pickup in person preferred but I can ship at buyers expense.
You are welcome to come to check it out at Farnham.

Edited by jaccjazz

These are absolutely beautiful basses - incredibly good fun and playable but with really flexible tonal options and fantastic solidity of construction. Realistically, the only bass I gig these days. I recently did an eight hour slot with one - yes, sore shoulder and back but probably impossible for me with pretty much any other bass. Ergonomics and weight are just perfect. I can't recommend these more highly

[quote name='jaccjazz' timestamp='1466008324' post='3072796']
I'll consider offers on this.
[/quote] How has this not sold it is a bloody fantastic bass I had a little look at this when Pestie owned it just a spot on bass it is light and in great condition GLWTS mate

I just cleaned and oiled the board, and re-strung mine today - what an absolutely beautiful instrument. I had a really good look at how these are put together and the craftspersonship is spectacular - every inch of the bass has received extremely detailed attention in the build process. Somebody will be delighted with this.