Why become a member? ×

Saturday June 11th

KevB

Most of you will know but there are those who do not follow football so a quick heads up. England's first match in the Euro's is Sat June 11th, kick off 20:00. Just the time you don't want if you are gigging in a venue showing the game. I highlighted this to the new band when they told me we were gigging that night. LL was still keen for us to arrive early, set up then kick our heels for hours before playing at 10pm. We've just asked for another date instead ;)

I sorted this on Sunday, we are starting 10.30 straight through to midnight.
Early set up, shorter than usual 2 sets.
Usual finish time.
Sit and watch game.

I can live with that :D

Edited by karlfer

It wouldnt have been so bad if we could have set up whilst the game was on or overlapped a bit. However I was told that the big screen used to show matches is directly behind and above the band playing area so we would have to set up and sound check wayyy before kick off time to mnot get in anyone's way. I'd have been happy to watch the game but then play for a couple of hours, break it all down and get home it looks like a very long day for not a large amount of money. We already had six bookings for June not includng the 11th so I think we've made the right call. I've done gigs around main sporting events before and they have been quite hit and miss.

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1464180035' post='3057271']
Depending on how England do they may be playing 2 Saturdays later too.
[/quote]

Yes, aware of that too but we won't know until the end of the group stages so just have to figure it out closer to the time.