Why become a member? ×

Sold Please remove
£400

yepmop

Hi

Need to streamline by bass collection so very reluctantly I'm selling my 62(ish) Jamerson build I did a few years ago.

This has been setup similar to how James Jamerson had his (high action and foam under bridge cover), but can be adjusted to be a normal P bass quite easily. had this set up by local Luthier and the action can be lowered to be quite low.

This bass is in excellent condition.

Parts are;[list]
[*]Mighty Mite Fender Licensed P bass neck with 62 Fender decal in vintage tint, fitted with Fender vintage reverse tuners.
[*]
[*]Fender neck plate
[*]
[*]High quality Alder body (bought from the BassDoc).
[*]
[*]Fender 62 Pickups
[*]
[*]Fender Bridge with grooved saddles
[*]
[*]Fender Knobs and Tug Bar
[*]
[*]KiOgon Vintage wiring loom and pots
[*]
[*]No brand 3 ply Scratchplate
[*]
[*]Fender Pickup & Bridge Covers
[*]
[*]La Bella 54 Deep taking Strings (Same as Jamerson used).
[/list]
Here's a simple jam of it fro you to hear [url="https://soundcloud.com/arc-rock/r-b-jam-c7-bb7"]https://soundcloud.c.../r-b-jam-c7-bb7[/url]

[attachment=219619:IMAG0984.jpg][attachment=219621:IMAG0977.jpg][attachment=219622:IMAG0979.jpg][attachment=219623:IMAG0978.jpg][attachment=219624:IMAG0980.jpg][attachment=219625:bodynew_zps553cf7e7.JPG][attachment=219626:vintagesaddles_zps035096c2.JPG]

Edited by yepmop

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1463632757' post='3052914']
I have a bass with exactly this same body from the bass doc and I can confirm that they are high quality, nice wood but also light - I recognise the sunburst pattern
[/quote]

Do you know if the finish is nitro or poly?

The bass doc wasn't sure, I asked exactly this question when he was building it

He said, and I think he is right, having chipped some off, that's it's poly but it's very thin as poly goes. It's way thinner than the mex fenders I've seen