Why become a member? ×

Spector (SSD) Euro 4 Bass *SOLD*
£500

cetera

Here we have an early '90's natural wood Stuart Spector Design (SSD) Euro bass.
This is one of the early Czech models which were constructed just like the classic US-made NS2 in that it has all-maple wings rather than the more recent Euros which have a laminate of walnut in them. Typical gold hardware and active EMG P/J pickups with what I believe to be an EMG BT circuit.

I got this bass recently as part of a large trade and haven't used it, but I have given it a check over and it's electronically sound. It is in good general condition (has expected user wear) and appears to have had the addition of some dark wood embellishments (walnut?) on front and top corner and added wood control knobs (obviously to the previous owners 'woodmix' taste). It still has the black flatwound strings on it that it arrived with too.

New, a Euro LX would set you back in the region of £1400 and a used model approx £900. This is an earlier, more NS2-accurate, model at a fraction of the price....

Bank transfer or Paypal(buyer pays fees). Courier £30 and includes soft case.

Please see my extensive positive feedback for assurance of a trouble-free transaction.

Edited by cetera

[quote name='Porpoise1954' timestamp='1463121894' post='3048708']
Hmmm. This looks quite interesting to me (apart from not being fretless). However, I'm based in Jersey - which makes the logistics a little more complicated. I'd love to hear it and feel it. How much would it cost to courier to Jersey?
[/quote]
Not sure, probably £40-£50? Would be no problem though....

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1463137419' post='3048873']
Are the dark wood embellishments removable?
[/quote]

They look to have been professionally applied by a luthier. If you are excellent with woodworking then I guess - yes...
Otherwise, if you don't like them, you could simply paint/refinish the body if you prefer...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1463350429' post='3050739']
Bad timing for me! I loved my pre-LX maple-wing Euro4 and regret selling it. This is a total bargain!
[/quote]

Cheers chap :)
Got lots of interest so hopeful of a sale shortly....