Why become a member? ×

Been Shuttle shopping in the USA

molan

Took delivery today of a brand new Genz Benz shuttle 6.0 with GB gig bag for it, a Comfort Strapp and 5 sets of DR strings.

The whole lot set me back just over £400 including delivery to my hotel in Florida all the way from Baton Rouge!

This must be a saving of something close to £350 or more on UK pricing?

Paid for the cost of the flight out here anyway :)

Easily small enough to fit everything into my suitcase for the journey home as well.

I haven't actually heard the Shuttle but have read loads of good things about them and it will be a perfect emergency back up head for gigs as it's so light.

The dealer was so helpful and friendly as well. Might be an idea to 'do the math' on stuff like bulk orders of strings for BC people as their DR strings work out at $20 for a 4 string set?

My parents have just come back from a holiday in New York and I was trying to convince them to buy me one of the Eden World Traveller heads while they were out there (they have simple voltage switching built-in too). I couldn't get them to take a break from their holiday and visit a music store though ;(

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='293102' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:28 PM']Ill be interested to see what happens when he tries to bring it back to the UK.
Hopefully nothing but i wouldn't risk it.[/quote]
Indeed, Customs are certainly wise to guitars, so probably amps as well. And for £70 in VAT to import it that's still a saving so worth paying to avoid problems

[quote name='molan' post='293819' date='Sep 28 2008, 12:14 PM']Home safe and sound with Shuttle intact.

US customs really helpful and advised to take it as hand luggage (it only weighs about 4lbs including the gig bag). Not at all concerned about it.

Sailed through the other end as well :)[/quote]

Nice one.
So you didnt get asked about where you purchased it then?
I must admit ive never been stopped at customs at either end so i guess its pot luck.
Last time i flew to Florida i took a lot of camera gear with me and made sure i had all the repiepts, just in case.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='293828' date='Sep 28 2008, 11:22 AM']Nice one.
So you didnt get asked about where you purchased it then?
I must admit ive never been stopped at customs at either end so i guess its pot luck.
Last time i flew to Florida i took a lot of camera gear with me and made sure i had all the repiepts, just in case.[/quote]

Not asked either end. I specifically asked the US side about electronic gear as hand luggage and the only thing they said to watch out for is hat you need to put them in a separate container to go through the X-Ray scanner.